Corsair Community

M90 and simple keypress

Rigel2112

"...cannot be held down to simulate the held down state ... on my keyboard."

I was so excited to hear about the software update. Imagine my disappointment to hear from so many people that the update not only doesn't address some issues, but actually makes things worse.

I think I will take the advice of my fellow consumers here and not install the new version.

If I were a Corsair corporate board member I would be having some serious words with the person or team responsible for writing the software. I'm afraid to install it at all based on what some people have been posting.

Yea I am thinking this is simply not possible with this Corsair hardware/software since they ignore anyone asking about this directly and the software does not allow it after the update. If you need this as I do the best advice is to return while you still can and reconsider future Corsair purchases.

Really this hardcore gamer MMO mouse CANNOT SIMULATE A SIMPLE KEYPRESS.

Support on here are apparently reading the driver notes and not actually trying it or they would know the problems and wouldn't be suggesting things that do not work.

Corsair seems to have forgotten or do not care that we paid a lot for this hardware. Much more then normal ones cost and for that cost we expect things to work out of box and if it does not why would someone keep it?

Much much cheaper mice and keyboards out there that perform basic functionality (and no drivers required!)

• Corsair Employees

With the issue you are experiencing i would recommend using the Beta 2.12 release. Please remember this is a Beta release and all issues may not be addressed. We do appreciate your feedback and know we are here listening and posting as much as we can.

What is the specific action you are trying, and what is the issue you are experiencing?

Please note: A full user manual is set to release very soon.

With the issue you are experiencing i would recommend using the Beta 2.12 release. Please remember this is a Beta release and all issues may not be addressed. We do appreciate your feedback and know we are here listening and posting as much as we can.

What is the specific action you are trying, and what is the issue you are experiencing?

Please note: A full user manual is set to release very soon.

I want to assign a mouse button to say "w" have it hold down "w" until I quit pushing it (not tap it repeatedly). This simple function is not possible with this mouse and even the new drivers.

I reinstalled my Nostromo N52 and this device can do it without problems. The copyright for this devices driver is 2001! Why can't a mouse made in 2012 do it?

• Corsair Employees

That feature does work.

For a test I assigned the M90 "13" button as "W". set playback option with the 3rd setting, and ignore delays. Make sure the "hardware playback" button is not clicked.

When i hold down the "13" button it will repeat till the button is released.

The problem with that is it is repeat as you state. So you get wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww NOT w..................wUP which is necessary to use it as a talk key in Ventrilo. Also other function like if you have a hot bar bound to Cntrl-1 Cntrl-2 etc.. and you want to hold the key bound to Control then hit your numbers you cannot do it with the control repeating it does not work. Many people have posted this simple feature that is found in many other macro systems and the corsair product just does not have. I have both the K90 and the M90 and have some success with making things work. But the lack of a keypress has made me bring back out my Nostromo rendering my macro keys on the M90 useless. Please understand the issue and test it with a voice program to see what we mean. You solution does not work for what the problem is. A repeating key yes.. a held down key is not the same thing.

-Fal

• Corsair Employees

Thank you Falaris for your feedback.

I was able to see using Ventrilo and Teamspeak the issue. Currently the software will not support that. It's something I'm going to speak with our product manager about.

The problem with that is it is repeat as you state. So you get wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww NOT w..................wUP which is necessary to use it as a talk key in Ventrilo. Also other function like if you have a hot bar bound to Cntrl-1 Cntrl-2 etc.. and you want to hold the key bound to Control then hit your numbers you cannot do it with the control repeating it does not work. Many people have posted this simple feature that is found in many other macro systems and the corsair product just does not have. I have both the K90 and the M90 and have some success with making things work. But the lack of a keypress has made me bring back out my Nostromo rendering my macro keys on the M90 useless. Please understand the issue and test it with a voice program to see what we mean. You solution does not work for what the problem is. A repeating key yes.. a held down key is not the same thing.

-Fal

Exactly. This person understands the issue. The Nostromo from over 10 years ago CAN do this properly. It is very apparent Corsair failed to research the standards and expectations for these products.

Those buttons are not an extra thing thrown in they are why we spent $80 on this mouse. For an $80 mouse I expect current standards in technology if not cutting edge. Not something outclassed by a device that has Windows 98 drivers.

Exactly. This person understands the issue. The Nostromo from over 10 years ago CAN do this properly. It is very apparent Corsair failed to research the standards and expectations for these products.

Those buttons are not an extra thing thrown in they are why we spent $80 on this mouse. For an $80 mouse I expect current standards in technology if not cutting edge. Not something outclassed by a device that has Windows 98 drivers.

Good point!

Corsair needs an experienced and decent program team if they want to expand in this market.

I was able to see using Ventrilo and Teamspeak the issue. Currently the software will not support that. It's something I'm going to speak with our product manager about.

Great to see that you are working on it.

I really want to use the new mouse I got for christmas. Now it just sits and wait for a new version of the software. (2.12 still lack features)

Many of us are going from older mice with software that just emulates the keyboard so that is what we are used to. And we won't trade it for just a "macro" program. We NEED both!

FINALLY!!! Someone actually understands our issue.

If Corsair really wanted to succeed in this Gaming peripheral market they should have examined what all their competitors products' software can do beforehand. If they did that they would currently have a strangle hold on the competition because we all would agree the 'Hardware' is well above what competitors are providing at the moment. I think Corsair really set the standard with their new Vengeance line. It's beautiful.

...But you can't put a Yugo engine in a Ferrari...

I suspect, though, that with someone finally understanding and acknowledging the issue of the held key-press assignment, they may actually provide a third software update that can do what I and so many others need it to do. I just hope they make it available before my return date is nigh... or at very least assure me it will not only be available quite soon, but will be a program worthy of the Corsair reputation.

I've have 6 different products that all support the "true" keyboard key press...

My simple test is to assign the "w" key to one of the programable keys/buttons and go into "any" FPS game and hold it down... it should be equivalent to pressing the w key on the keyboard which will make you walk forward.

With the Corsair M90 mouse, if I assign the "15" button to the "w" key and try this simple test, making sure i use the 3rd repeat option in the software, and zero wait time between key press, ... and go into a FPS game..... I will move forward ... but with a studdering motion. It's like the key is being quickly pressed up/dwn up/dwn rapidly...

Its not emulating a true keyboard button assignment...

Yea I have a device that works still and can do it out of the box with drivers written over 11 years ago.

I hope this does not break the forum rule about talking about competitors products but that statement is true. The device I wanted to replace with this mouse was made in 2001 and CAN do this.

This issue has been reported and is being reviewed. I was able to replicate and give first hand feedback of the issue you guys are speaking about. I will keep this updated when i hear a response.

I hope that this same thing applies to keyboards as well? They can't simulate keypress either.

Archived