Corsair Community

Request for new software M90 mouse

Tater72

Corsair,

Respectfully request a new software program before January 31, 2012. That is the last day I can return this mouse. I really want to use this mouse, but I am still using my old mouse and this M90 sits on my shelf waiting for the basic functionality that every one of your competitors' gaming peripherals provide.

The new program must give me the ability to assign one of the thumb buttons as a keyboard button and simulate a held key press. The first software version, as well as the new 2.12 version does not give me this ability. This issue has been covered thoroughly by other posters in this forum in addition to myself.

With all due respect, if a new software program is not released that provides me with this functionality, I will regretfully return the M90 mouse and purchase a competitor's gaming mouse, the specific model on which I have already decided.

Thank you and best wishes in your endeavors into this highly demanding market.

You can do this, it took me a bit to figure out, but...

Right click the macro area and select "insert down key". press the key.

Don't bother with the UP key.

Make sure that "Playback Options" is selected.

Now, make sure the third option is selected, it looks like someone pressing down on a button with four arrows next to it > > > >

That's the thing that basically means to hold your macro key down until you let off the mouse macro button.

I hope that makes sense, I know I sound about as clear as this software, but... I'm not paid to write manuals either. ;)

Now, make sure the third option is selected, it looks like someone pressing down on a button with four arrows next to it > > > >

That's the thing that basically means to hold your macro key down until you let off the mouse macro button.

I hope that makes sense, I know I sound about as clear as this software, but... I'm not paid to write manuals either. ;)

If this really works then it would be a revolution for Corsair :)

Is this really like keeping a keyboard key held down?

When I tried to remove the UP key it would just make the let say Shift key being held down indefinitely, even after I released the mouse button.

It was like a CAPS lock you can't turn off hehe.

Yes you CAN do that, but it still does not truly emulate a keyboard key press. It is sending macro commands repeatedly rather than sending a "key press" command a single time, and then automatically sending a "key unpressed" command once the key has stopped actuating.

This should give a pretty clear example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpWchNn8qo

Thank you for your exploration into the software, Trekkan. And thank you for passing along what you found. As Persentio pointed out, though, I need it to simulate a held down key, not a key being repeatedly tapped. It won't operate my games like I need it to.

All of the competitors in this market don't seem to have a problem with that. I'm willing to give Corsair an opportunity to hire a more experienced software programmer rather than trying to feel around in the dark themselves.

...But they have until my return date is nigh.

Ahh, ok, fair enough, I didn't realize it was quite like that. Well... one day hopefully this all works right as I waited for these latest drivers and it's too late to return the mouse. Currently use the M90 for normal use and still have my G700 plugged in and use that when actually gaming... makes me sad. heh

Thank you for your exploration into the software, Trekkan. And thank you for passing along what you found. As Persentio pointed out, though, I need it to simulate a held down key, not a key being repeatedly tapped. It won't operate my games like I need it to.

All of the competitors in this market don't seem to have a problem with that. I'm willing to give Corsair an opportunity to hire a more experienced software programmer rather than trying to feel around in the dark themselves.

...But they have until my return date is nigh.

THIS. I didn't figure out why Vent wasn't working properly until I looked at it after pressing push to talk. You know the green transmit icon that comes on when you're holding the key? It was flashing - and it wouldn't turn off until I closed Vent and reopened it, because the mouse can't think past "macro" and there was no 'release button press' in the macro itself. Binding abilities in tor? forget that too. :(:

THIS. I didn't figure out why Vent wasn't working properly until I looked at it after pressing push to talk. You know the green transmit icon that comes on when you're holding the key? It was flashing - and it wouldn't turn off until I closed Vent and reopened it, because the mouse can't think past "macro" and there was no 'release button press' in the macro itself. Binding abilities in tor? forget that too. :(:
Awaiting a response from the poster (asked if by pressing once means he just hit it and let go, and he's running, or is he holding G13 down), but this may work for you:

OK i'll try one last time.....LOL!

How bout choosing the 4th playback option and deleting the delay & UP command. see picture:

http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n575/Yokes29/K90test.jpg

I assigned G13 as "W" key in SWTOR.

Just did a quick test and pressing G13 once makes my character runs as if autorun is enabled; Or as if "W" is being held down for my guy to start running.

And he's not walking all "jittery-like" by pressing "W" key repeatedly, like my last test.

Is that what your guys want or similar???

Archived