Corsair Community

Force 3 120 GB SSD not found after OS install on HP8560p

xtrondo

Hello,

- On my new laptop HP 8560p the Corsair Force 3 120GB doesn't work after OS install, OS install ok, but then prompt the following on first reboot:

Boot Device Not Found

Please install an operating system on your hard disk.

Hard Disk - (3F0)

F2 System Diagnostics

at this point running "Disk Diagnostics" fails stating the disk doesn't support smart tests, because I am a proud owner of 3 Force 3 (all with firmware 1.3.3), I try all again with another, but get same results, finaly I try with one SSD from other manufacter (and not SF2281) and all works as expected.

I like to know if this is a known problem, and if yes if a solution is available

Kind Regards,

CA,

Hello,

- Thanks for your repply, boot order is not the problem, "Hard Disk - (3F0)"

means that disk isn´t detect by hardware (system boots if installed on other SSD), as a side note I notice this on release notes for intel sdd:

"HP EliteBook 8560p Notebook Intel SSD Firmware"

Fixes an issue when the drive is no longer recognized by the system.

Regards,

CA,

Time to test all again with new BIOS F22, Release Notes promises :)

Version: F.22 Fixes

- Fixes an issue where the BIOS setup (F10) does not display the Smart Card Power Options after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where the system restart (reboot) is slow after the modem is disabled in the BIOS setup (F10).

Enhancements

- Provides support for an additional Wirelesss WAN module. - Provides support for the SATA 3.0 SSD hard drive.

Regards,

CA,

Archived