Corsair Community

H100 & 3930K uneven temperatures

Merson

Hi all, just got my new rig set up with a 3930K, H100 in a 650D and loving it so far. Anyway, after checking my temps i have seen there is quite a difference in the idle low and high end temps of the core's. 17 degrees on average. Now i'm normally accustomed to 5 degrees but never 17. Is this a normal issue with the H100 or 3930K? Does it need to settle in or would i need to make any adjustments? I know the retail TIM is very good so i would like to avoid a reseat if possible as i only have AS5 at the moment. All the thumbscrews are tightened evenly and tightly as well.

http://i.imgur.com/noNFn.png

My 2500k does the same thing tiny loads on each core make them spike to mid 40s for some reason. Nothing to worry about u could b idling in the 40s and still wouldnt matter. 1 of ur cores min is 18° wow, r u in like 15° room. 1 of my cores has a 12° difference from my lowest at load with prime95. Quite common for there to be large varients between temperatures of cores. What about under load ? Do they close the gap a bit?

Here are the load temps:

http://i.imgur.com/djN9l.png

Don't get me wrong i'm not worried about the temps there waaaay in the safe margin. In fact i'm extremely happy with them. Was just a little confused over the temp difference between the cores. Never seen the difference that high before and wanted to see if others have experienced similar.

Repasted mine last night with some chill factor 3. Thought the stock stuff was off a bit, but I took it off and the stock stuff was a PERFECT spread. Pissed that I bothered now, temps actually went up 1°. I used a rice grain spot (bit bigger then rice grain) and had it in the opposite direction of the little groves in the h60 block. I tried a small dot first and didn't get full covered since it spread with the groves of the block. Wish the h 60 had more pressure. Seams it could stand a mm tighter.

Archived