Corsair Community

2.12 not working

mrmurbe

I uninstalled the previous version and installed the new version as the directions state. Now I can't save any macros, as soon as a press a button while recording the software switches to the left click button and nothing I pressed saved to the mouse.

Also, this new software still isn't installing any special drivers, windows is using standard HID drivers for the mouse and attempts to point windows at the driver in the install directory results in an error as windows doesn't think the driver matches the hardware.

Is there a work around for any of this?

Yeah, that wasn't very clear to me either the first time but I figured it out and at the very least it works in notepad, so something is working right.

Has anyone got this mouse (and it's buttons and macros) working with Star Wars: The Old Republic yet?

I have the new 2.12 beta driver installed and still have had no luck. I've tried the game both with swtor.exe assigned as the application and with the application blank. Either way my buttons work outside the game but not in it.

Also, anyone managed to get the LEDs on the mouse to show more than the lower LED profile setting? It's the only light i've ever seen on, and i've tried a couple times to switch profiles to 2 lights, 3 lights, etc, with no luck.

No, I hadn't, but when I do things get worse. The buttons I've programmed don't work, and the right and left main mouse buttons no longer function properly when both pressed together (which should make me run).

Hardware playback changes things, but for the worse it seems.

For the M90 (and K90) you actually have to save your programmed buttons to the mouse.

For the M90. Go to "Manage Profiles". Then left click on the "dots" under LED. A little menu should appear which should show "select profile" and number 1-6 with drop boxes. Click on the lower left button were it say "SAVE TO M90".

So any changes that you want applied to your mouses macro button have to be saved on to the mouse first to be functional in game. The M90 works for me in SWTOR after the software update. hope this helps you

For the M90 (and K90) you actually have to save your programmed buttons to the mouse.

For the M90. Go to "Manage Profiles". Then left click on the "dots" under LED. A little menu should appear which should show "select profile" and number 1-6 with drop boxes. Click on the lower left button were it say "SAVE TO M90".

So any changes that you want applied to your mouses macro button have to be saved on to the mouse first to be functional in game. The M90 works for me in SWTOR after the software update. hope this helps you

Hi Yokes,

You managed to Save to profile on the M90 and it worked properly? Are the profile LEDs also working properly now too?

Because what the Save to profile did for my M90 was to completely wreck it. The M90 switched off, and I can't use it now

Yes i was able to assign some keys and key strokes to the buttons and save with no problems.

Not to sure what went down with your m90....if its completely dead you may have to return or RMA it...try different USB ports in your computer? Firmware Updater updated properly for your mouse? Sorry to hear my friend. Hope you get it sorted out.

Yes i was able to assign some keys and key strokes to the buttons and save with no problems.

Not to sure what went down with your m90....if its completely dead you may have to return or RMA it...try different USB ports in your computer? Firmware Updater updated properly for your mouse? Sorry to hear my friend. Hope you get it sorted out.

I just got my mouse exchanged and this time, I managed to Save to Mouse with no issue.

The profile LEDs still scare the heck out of me though... One moment its only 1 lit, the next 3 are lit.

The sad thing is, however, that Enable Hardware Playback still botches up most of my mouse buttons and behavior. (DPI changes setting for some reason, and buttons don't work at all or assume unwanted functions like left click)

How did you manage to get Hardware playback to work properly? I can't seem to get it to work and now I'm afraid of botching up my mouse again due to the buggyness of the software!

May I ask you, if you've the Windows UAC enabled? SWTOR needs administrator rights and that could lead to issues as well. But if your sayin, that the new software works with UAC enabled, then I'll give it a shot tonight.

I just got my mouse exchanged and this time, I managed to Save to Mouse with no issue.

The profile LEDs still scare the heck out of me though... One moment its only 1 lit, the next 3 are lit.

The sad thing is, however, that Enable Hardware Playback still botches up most of my mouse buttons and behavior. (DPI changes setting for some reason, and buttons don't work at all or assume unwanted functions like left click)

How did you manage to get Hardware playback to work properly? I can't seem to get it to work and now I'm afraid of botching up my mouse again due to the buggyness of the software!

Have anyone been able to save to the mouse with Hardware Playback enabled?

When I do it the mouse freezes upp completely. No buttons and laser doesn't work. I can save to mouse without Hardware Playback enabled.

And to you that have had your mouse stop working completely you can connects a 2nd mouse and use that to uncheck Hardware Playback and save to mouse again.

If anyone have got Hardware Playback to work, in what order did you do everything?

So these are the problems i'm having after I installed the 2.12 driver:

- after un-installing v1, all the buttons were left clicks

- Every time i enable Hardware Playback the mouse stops tracking and all buttons are disabled. when i use a different mouse to change the report rate the mouse starts tracking again but all buttons are disabled.

- all lights on the mouse turned off, the mouse stopped tracking and buttons were disabled when i transfered the profile to the mouse (this was one time after i managed to keep it working after enabling hardware playback)

- profile LEDs on the mouse do not work

I have the mouse mostly working at the moment, with Swtor, but only because I disabled Windows UAC to play it. This really doesn't strike me as a permanent solution.

Even with UAC disabled, the LED lights on the mouse still fail to show anything but the lower LED lit up, even if I try to change profiles. The profile does successfully change, but the LEDs do not.

Waiting on new software. C'mon Corsair, program something worthy of this mouse.

I have the mouse mostly working at the moment, with Swtor, but only because I disabled Windows UAC to play it. This really doesn't strike me as a permanent solution.

Even with UAC disabled, the LED lights on the mouse still fail to show anything but the lower LED lit up, even if I try to change profiles. The profile does successfully change, but the LEDs do not.

Waiting on new software. C'mon Corsair, program something worthy of this mouse.

I disabled Windows UAC to play it. Whats that, and how?

I still want to give the mouse a shot before i start managing the exchange with my seller...

Actually, I think the interface is pretty good!

But having said that, I think whoever was coding spent too much time making it look pretty rather than working properly... =x

Thats why I said 'ever used', it is good looking indeed, but totally unfunctional.

It needs some serious debug.

Archived