Corsair Community

M90 is a static magnet

Uranium235

Just a warning. Twice now I've taken off a jacket/overshirt while gaming, generating some static. When I touch the mouse the aluminum surface grounds me out and generates a quite noticeable static discharge. THE MOUSE TURNS OFF FOR ~10 SECONDS. All lights turn off, no motion, no clicks. This is very scary. So far it has come back on both times but I'm worried that this will do permanent damage to the electronics of the mouse.

@Corsair, Rev 2 of this mouse should probably have a separate ground channel for the aluminum enclosure to prevent this from happening.

I've done this at least 15 times myself. So far, no issues and I doubt there will be anything too serious long term. I had another mouse that did this as well and it never went bad, I just like to try new mice all the time. hehe

Anyway, would be good if something could be done about this though in another REV of the mouse.

• 2 months later...

This actually isn't a simple complaint. This is a problem with the device.

When static gets discharged my M90 turns OFF. I hear the USB disconnect sound from Windows, all the lights turn off and the mouse stops responding as it reboots itself.

• 3 weeks later...
This actually isn't a simple complaint. This is a problem with the device.

When static gets discharged my M90 turns OFF. I hear the USB disconnect sound from Windows, all the lights turn off and the mouse stops responding as it reboots itself.

I've been using the mouse for an hour now and can confirm this is happening to me aswell. I touch the mouse, I get a little shock and the mouse turns off and reboots itself, which takes around 3 to 4 seconds.

*Changing USB ports for instance, as suggested in this thread doesn't work.

Archived