Corsair Community

H100 - High Tempatures with Prime95

Xound

Hi guys,

I have a feeling that my H100 block is not making a proper contact to my I5 2500K. Under prime95 testing, the tempatures will average anywhere from 76-80.c idle is approx 36-39.c. The two 120 MM Corsair fans are pushing the air out of the case. The Vcore is 1.33 V.

If I were to apply new thermal compound, would everyone here suggest Artic Cooling MX-4?

Thanks,

Alex

Everyone? No way. Not that MX-4 is bad, but it's not better than the TIM used by Corsair. Which is a Dow Corning product that is excellent.

As I always lecture, comparing CPU temps depends on much more than an OC or Vcore. Are any of the CPU power saving options enabled, and what are the many other CPU related voltage settings set to.

Some boards have parts close to the CPU socket and might contact the H100 pump, keeping it from making good contact with the CPU. Your board is not one of those AFAIK.

But try a re-seat with MX-4 and see what happens.

Stock thermal paste and it was off centre and crooked on the block. Figured it was still good enough to cover most of the cpu and would spread out. Fans pushing air out, I had them pulling it but switched it and got the exact same max temps. Gaming temps are about 5° higher tho cuz of the heat off my video cards. Thinking of changing the paste with some chill factor 3 I have, but im worried temps will go up. I was using push/pull (2 fans) with both orientations.

Archived