Corsair Community

Slower System Response And Boot Time With AX1200

keyth

I decided to replace my ageing ******** Galaxy 1000w with The Corsair AX1200 and noticed straight away that now my pc seams quite sluggish both in windows and web environment , It is also taking 8 to 9 seconds longer to boot to desktop, I've put the ******** galaxy back in and everything seems nice and snappy again , Can anyone explain why i would get this sort of system behaviour , The only thing i have noticed comparing the 8 pin cpu connector the ******** is a perfect match while although the corsair connector fits the shapes of the connectors are not a perfect match , Could it be the sign of a faulty power supply or one that is not compatable with my Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard

The only thing i have noticed comparing the 8 pin cpu connector the ******** is a perfect match while although the corsair connector fits the shapes of the connectors are not a perfect match , Could it be the sign of a faulty power supply or one that is not compatable with my Asus P6X58D Premium Motherboard

Yeah, this is a weird issue. First i have ever heard of.

As far as the 8 pin connectors go they are indeed compatible. Your talking about the square hole with the edges taperd on it right? That is so they fit some of the older MB's. No need to worry there. I have basically the same MB but different PSU and my 8 pin is the same.

It may be a sign of a bad PSU, what are the voltages being reported in the BIOS?

Mine takes a bit longer to boot since I upgraded to my 1050hx and my cpu voltages are more speratic. Range from 1.37 to 1.4v now with llc on, before it was steady 1.39. So, i've had to increase my voltage an increment to keep stability. I think it may just be a bit harder to keep dead steady voltage on 1 large single rail. I figure small price to pay for so much power. I've had it for over a month with no issue, you'll probably be fine.

I've checked the voltages in the bios and compared the two and there is very little difference:

Galaxy Voltages:

CPU = 1.200v

3.3v = 3.264v

5v = 5.070v - 5.046v

12v = 12.081v

AX1200 Voltages:

CPU = 1.200v

3.3v = 3.248v

5v = 5.046v

12v = 12.081v

The corsair AX1200 is back in my pc and although i would be able to put up with the longer boot time i can't put up with the sluggish system response, even opening folders takes longer, Just can't make sense of it, It's almost like my i7 920 becomes an old single core celeron when using this psu

The corsair AX1200 is back in my pc and although i would be able to put up with the longer boot time i can't put up with the sluggish system response, even opening folders takes longer, Just can't make sense of it, It's almost like my i7 920 becomes an old single core celeron when using this psu

Sounds like a HDD issue to me, for whatever reason. Check the SATA power cable to your drive, try a different connector on the cable,or change it to another SATA power cable that came with your PS. Disk I/O is usually the bottleneck with the tasks you mentioned, not CPU speed.

Archived