Corsair Community

Nvidia SATA driver compatibility

jokens

I have an ASUS M3N78-VM motherboard with a Corsair Force 3 120GB in the first position. I had problems with blue screens when waking up and could not see the drive with the Firmware Update Utility. So I started over, with a secure erase, re-installed Windows 7 in ACHI mode. Now I am able to see the drive with the Firmware Update Utility. It already had version 1.3.3. Also moved the swapfile to another drive.

Has anyone had problems with Nvidia SATA drivers? Currently running with Microsoft drivers. Ran a benchmark that was not very impressive but the motherboard is SATA II (3GB/s). Best was only 140 MB/s.

I have been trying to get the Corsair SSD and AHCI drivers working correctly for several days. The Nvidia nForce AHCI drivers cause problems with sleep and wake modes. By using the Microsoft AHCI drivers, these problems are not as bad but still occur infrequently. The biggest dissappointment is that the SSD only runs at SATA 1 speed while the rest of my hard drives run at SATA 2 speed. Today, Windows 7 SP1 attempted to install but could not reboot. Startup repair was useless. Had to do a restore which reported more failures. Oddly enough, the system did recover and reboot to an earlier time.

Archived