Corsair Community

DPI not saving

Unknown85

Hello,

I just got this mouse yesterday. It's the M60. The problem that I'm having is that it will not retain my custom dpi settings when I reboot my pc. For example... the default setting are 800-2400-5700. If I changed them to 800-1000-2400. And leave my mouse on 1000 and reboot, it will set back to 2400. I would have to depress either the dpi down or dpi up buttons in order for my custom dpi's to kick in. When I check the software settings everything is set to where it should be... It seems like the mouse isn't reading my profile properly when it starts Windows.

I'm guessing its a bug in the software.

Hello,

I just got this mouse yesterday. The problem that I'm having is that it will not retain my custom dpi settings when I reboot my pc. For example... the default setting are 800-2400-5700. If I changed them to 800-1000-2400. And leave my mouse on 1000 and reboot, it will set back to 2400. I would have to depress either the dpi down or dpi up buttons in order for my custom dpi's to kick in. When I check the software settings everything is set to where it should be... It seems like the mouse isn't reading my profile properly when it starts Windows.

I'm guessing its a bug in the software.

Yup the mouse seems to revert back to its factory settings on reboot and requires you to Apply the profile again to get it working.

Yellowbeard has mentioned that they will have an announcement on the 9th regarding newer software, so we'll just have to wait till then for an update.

• 2 weeks later...

I have updated software to the new beta drivers.

I have set my DPI to 1000-1500-2500.

I have also saved the profile to the mouse on the profile manager "tab".

STILL whenever I reboot my computer the mouse is set to the middle DPI->1500

I have to press the dpi switch button once to get it to switch to the highest DPI setting even though the mouse indicates with its lights that it is using the high setting. This is quite annoying.

Can you please fix this.

With old drivers the mouse always defaulted to 5700 DPI on reboot which is way to high for me since I then have to set all sensitivity in games to almost 0.

I use Windows 7 64 bit.

In order to have saved DPI upon reboot you will need to have the Hardware Playback clicked within that profile when setting the DPI. Also make sure you go to the profile screen and load it the mouse.

I just tried what you said and this happened:

1) Clicked enable hardware playback

2) Clicked on a different DPI setting for my DPI 3 setting

3) Mouse powered off completely and did not come back on

I almost thought it bricked my mouse again but fortunately, I took a different mouse to disable hardware playback. Then, I changed the lift height setting. Nothing happened. I then tried to re-save the profiles to my M90 and this made the M90's lights come back on but both the regular mouse buttons and the laser weren't working. Changing the polling rate made my mouse operational again.

Sigh... There's really something not right going on with the software and hardware communication..

• Corsair Employees

Example:

Create a profile "Corsair Hardware 1"

Click Hardware playback

Double click on LED light and save an LED light.

Go into Manage Performance

Set your DIP to say 300

GO back into Manage profile, double click on the LED light, "save to M90"

Restart your computer and the DPI should be very low.

Example:

Create a profile "Corsair Hardware 1"

Click Hardware playback

Double click on LED light and save an LED light.

Go into Manage Performance

Set your DIP to say 300

GO back into Manage profile, double click on the LED light, "save to M90"

Restart your computer and the DPI should be very low.

Hi RAM GUY,

Unfortunately this was what happened when I tried it on mine:

Create a profile "New profile" - all is good

Clicked Enable Hardware Playback - all is good

Double click on the LED light and save an LED light to an unused profile slot on the M90 - Laser completely stopped tracking, and buttons went haywire

The only way I actually managed to get it working again was to disable Hardware Playback and then change the Polling Rate of the mouse, causing it to 'reboot' and then it 'remembered' its original settings and worked correctly again.

Something REALLY bad is going on between the hardware and software communication... :(: Could you send feedback to the team to develop a 'reset mouse' function? For some reason the mouse is retaining wrong settings in its memory and it would be great to be able to restore it to a factory state.

persentio. I'm not able to replicate the issue you are experiencing. I will go ahead and forward your post to our software team for review.

Thank you! It would be great if they can reproduce it or perhaps communicate with me to try to find the root cause of the problem!

Archived