Corsair Community

How good's the H60 block?

drunkenvalley

So I'm tampering around, planning a watercooled computer, etc. The thing I'm curious of is how good the provided pump in the H60 is, as well as the performance on the block itself.

I might be planning on purchasing an H60 and, upon testing that it works as intended and performing how it should, do away with everything in it aside from the waterblock/pump and install it in a larger loop. Might very well be installing a separate pump too, but it'd be nice to know how well the H60 block "by itself" pulls things off.:laughing:

You can try it if you want , but those pumps were not designed to be a stand alone unit and may not be strong enough to move that much water. If your planning on adding a second pump, you might as well just get a proper waterblock and a good strong pump.

The performance of the block itself is pretty good, but it seems like that would be the only part you would be able to use in a full loop.

Heh, I see. Well, unless the Corsair pump's gonna get in the way that's fine. I quite like the appearance of the H60, as well as the possibility of doing some aftermarket branding on it, so if the performance itself stays up to scratch I can live with the redundancy.

Although for all I know I might just gut out the entire black and sneak in an aftermarket cooler under the hood. Who knows yet? I don't. Not quite. Gonna plan some more stuff first.

Given the size of the H60's pump, compared to those usually used with DIY water cooling equipment, it simply is not in the same league. The H60's pump works fine in it's entire system, but compared to other pumps that are many times larger, it can't move the amount of liquid that they can.

Someone posting in this forum has done what you were considering, using a H60 pump with DIY water cooling parts. I looked but can't find the thread, they don't keep them all forever. It worked but the guy said the pump did not move large amounts of water, which is no surprise IMO.

Archived