Corsair Community

CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 vs. GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 = incompatibility?

luizrdm

Forgive me for bad English, I am Brazilian and I'm using Google Translate.

It worked well for about 20 days ... Then it began to crash for no apparent reason. After that started to show blue screen in any application (light, heavy or games). He hung in a possible problem in the memories and did a test using Memtest (memtest86 +-4.20.usb.installer). With 33% had completed 4.8 million errors. It took the memories at the store where I bought and tested using the same software ... and to my surprise, showed no defect. The coach suggested to be an incompatibility between the MB and memory. Is this really the reason?

I have reviewed all the BIOS settings, I tried some changes but nothing worked - in Windows blue screens are becoming more frequent and also crashes. I tried to use Windows XP (on another HD) without success. Even witnessed two crashes during the BIOS setup.

Please any help because they do not know what else to do.

Thanks to those who tried to help me but the problem was all the time in a component that I never thought. Believe it or not: the keyboard :eek: which probably has a hardware failure and was giving back power to the CPU, causing the freezing / blue screens / crashes.

I found this out when Windows warned that a USB component had been shut down to prevent damage to the computer. I just switched the keyboard on the other, new, and everything returned to normal.

Well, in short, the computer is perfect for hours .... and finally I'll sleep in peace :p:.

Thanks again to all and that my experience be a lesson to all - the problem is not always where it should be. Sometimes it may be where you never thought ...

• Corsair Employees

If all of the modules run and pass http://www.memtest.org one up then it is not the memory.

When you installed all four modules did you go to BIOS setup and load setup defaults and enable XMP and then disable legacy USB then run http://www.memtest.org and see if it will get through three passes?

I would also suggest checking that you have the latest MB BIOS installed.

In addition you mentioned you had Windows XP in a previous Post, if so you cannot use more the 4.0 Gig with a 32 Bit O.S.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
The Phone number is listed under contact on our web site and you can install skype and call the toll free number for free. What language do you speak. You can make that request through the support system just let me know the case number because they will need to speak with you?

An advanced RMA is where you give Corsair your credit card information and they place a hold on it. They send you a new kit of CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 first, and then you ship yours back within 2 weeks (I think). If you don't send the old modules back they charge the cost of the new ones to your credit card. If you do send them back then they release the hold.

Archived