Corsair Community

ETA on M90 software

Devst8nDscoDave

So when can we expect an update on this "software".

Whoever you paid to code the application ask for you money back because it is not functional at all.

I paid a lot of money for this mouse I expect things to work. So could we get an estimate on the release please. I'm tired of these buttons and LEDs not functioning.

Whoever you paid to code the application ask for you money back because it is not functional at all.

As a web designer/developer, if I were to deliver a website where the buttons failed to do anything as promised... I think this is what fuels my disbelief about this software getting released.

I can't bind a key to a button so that when I press the button the bound key is is effectively 'pressed' and not released until i release the button. I have numerous other peripherals for all kinds of purposes (not just gaming related) that have this basic functionality.

No pressure... I'm sure most of us who have purchased still have a few days left on a 30 day return policy.

Hello,

I am really worried now, i dont understand how you "Corsair" treat this situation...

I am supposed to pickup the mouse today, and i just found that it is not working :(

You cannot give ETA on fix that is supposed to make the mouse actually working?

Releasing non working product? You have no QA or you just dont care to mess with people?

Way to go Corsair, way to go!

Unbelievable...

As a web designer/developer, if I were to deliver a website where the buttons failed to do anything as promised... I think this is what fuels my disbelief about this software getting released.

I can't bind a key to a button so that when I press the button the bound key is is effectively 'pressed' and not released until i release the button. I have numerous other peripherals for all kinds of purposes (not just gaming related) that have this basic functionality.

No pressure... I'm sure most of us who have purchased still have a few days left on a 30 day return policy.

I actually will have 14 days, what to do now, i will wait.. But no one will refund me after for spend fuel/ time from picking and returing the mouse..

If they are not going to fix it i promise i will never get anything from Corsair again and i will do my best to campaing against. ( I am moving around pro-gaming scene so it is not hard to spread the word and make a noticable loose of customers )

I actually will have 14 days, what to do now, i will wait.. But no one will refund me after for spend fuel/ time from picking and returing the mouse..

If they are not going to fix it i promise i will never get anything from Corsair again and i will do my best to campaing against. ( I am moving around pro-gaming scene so it is not hard to spread the word and make a noticable loose of customers )

You might want to try moving around the pro-Spelling and Grammar scene first! Just sayin..

-Fal

You might want to try moving around the pro-Spelling and Grammar scene first! Just sayin..

-Fal

What's worse?

Gramatical mistakes from someone who dont have english as native language

or

Company that has some years on market, and sells a "gaming" mouse that is basically not working at all?

_______

I do not understand what your QA department is really doing...

I can understand the disappointment everyone feels to purchase a new product that turns out to be thoroughly deficient, but I would like to remind everyone why most (not all) of you bought this product... because of the Corsair name. You expected quality. Corsair is one of if not the top name in RAM and PSUs.

However, this new vengeance line is an entirely new market for Corsair (requires a software program to operate). I'm certain Corsair wants these products to succeed because look at the build quality of the products. Consequently, I suspect Corsair knows it would be in their best interest to get a quality software program update that lives up to the Corsair reputation so we can all start recommending their products to friends/family/internet.

After all, word of mouth is the strongest and most influential form of advertising.

I can understand the disappointment everyone feels to purchase a new product that turns out to be thoroughly deficient, but I would like to remind everyone why most (not all) of you bought this product... because of the Corsair name. You expected quality. Corsair is one of if not the top name in RAM and PSUs.

However, this new vengeance line is an entirely new market for Corsair (requires a software program to operate). I'm certain Corsair wants these products to succeed because look at the build quality of the products. Consequently, I suspect Corsair knows it would be in their best interest to get a quality software program update that lives up to the Corsair reputation so we can all start recommending their products to friends/family/internet.

After all, word of mouth is the strongest and most influential form of advertising.

Frankly speaking, I don't care one bit that they haven't done mice earlier or any other excuse you might come up with. If I buy a product for 99 euro, I expect it to work and to do what I actually bought it for... today. Not in 2-3 months when they've managed to get their software out of the beta stage.

Of course, you will always have bugs, but the m90 software is well beyond just having a few bugs, it's borderline non-functioning, and the whole point of the mouse get lost when we are not able to actually use the buttons. If the software was tested at all, it was either rushed or done very sloppy, and I don't see why any customer should accept that.

And yes, word of mouth is very important, which is why I've been giving this mouse 2/10 reviews on any review site I frequent and recommended people to not buy this mouse on hardware sites where I usually post, and will continue to do so until they fix their software. ATM it simply doesn't deserve more, as it delivers about the same functionality as a cheap 20€ mouse.

EDIT: WHEN they actually fix the software though, I think this m90 has the potential to be a very good mice, which is why it's such a shame corsair rushed the release. Until they do though, I will keep recommending anyone who asks to buy something else, there's just no way you can tell someone to shell out 99 euro on a mouse that will deliver the promised functionality in maybe a few months... if you're lucky.

In a rare departure from company policy regarding software announcements, I am announcing early that we will have an announcement regarding new software by the end of the work day on California time, PST USA, on Monday January 9, 2012. Please tune in on Monday and we appreciate your patience.

Thanks for the update on the fact there will be an announcement on the 9th. I've been very interested in this mouse, but I have been waiting to pull the trigger until there is a new update that fixes the major problems.

Have a little faith ;): We're bringing the software and more ::pirate::

In a rare departure from company policy regarding software announcements, I am announcing early that we will have an announcement regarding new software by the end of the work day on California time, PST USA, on Monday January 9, 2012. Please tune in on Monday and we appreciate your patience.

Okay, thank you.

I will wait then, wanted to go today to exchange the mouse for g700 ;(

Another cool thing is that when i re-pluged the mouse, sensor died, so it is not working at all now except mouse buttons :D

I like many others are waiting for this software update to decide if this is going back to the store or not. I have a Nostromo N52 that is literally like 10 years old and has software far superior. You can assign actual key presses to buttons and you can select all delays in macros. I was hoping to replace it with this mouse.

They wrote that software to work with WINDOWS 98 and Corsair is BEHIND THEM!

I will hold on to mine for this reported update please do not make me regret the decision or the brand Corsair will not be considered in my future purchases. All major issues and advertised functionality will need to be resolved not some half fixed patch with more promises.

Please load up Windows 98 and an old version of the N52 software if you need tips on where to start Corsair.

Thanks for the update on the fact there will be an announcement on the 9th. I've been very interested in this mouse, but I have been waiting to pull the trigger until there is a new update that fixes the major problems.

I am in the exact boat, I actually had one ordered then cancelled the order before it shipped due to the software issues I read about. Once I see they are fixed I will reorder the product.

I have one sitting on my desk, with tears, hoping one day it can be used.

If it wasn't for my sweet corsair case, corsair power supply, and a long long history of corsair ram and other quality products, I would have already returned this product in a fit of rage.

However, I might still, as I only have a few days left to return it, so I hope to hear of a solution soon.

Thanks!

I have one sitting on my desk, with tears, hoping one day it can be used.

If it wasn't for my sweet corsair case, corsair power supply, and a long long history of corsair ram and other quality products, I would have already returned this product in a fit of rage.

However, I might still, as I only have a few days left to return it, so I hope to hear of a solution soon.

Thanks!

This product is the reason I won't be buying Corsair products for the rest of my build, and probably won't buy anything from them in a LONG time (if ever), despite me buying numerous products from them in the past. The release of this thing was so amateur and unprofessional, it's embarrassing.

Not sure why Corsair thought wrecking their reputation was worth a few extra bucks for xmas (which were then taken away as everyone returned their products).

I have installed the beta drivers but i wish there was a bug submit screen on it.. I created profiles but every time i go to create a macro to put on the hardware, the second i hit any key on the keyboard it jumps to the left mouse button and turns off the macro programming. Not sure why this is happening yet but its a minor problem.. and if hardware is better in every way to the software why not just default to it? ::shrug:: i love the mouse, i have big hands and i like the button layout of my m90 but i wish the software was more useful. I look forward to a much better product once the bugs are worked out, i will stick it through until the end. If nothing good by the end of 2012 i figure i will switch to something else then.

I installed beta 2.12 and my problems really started.

I have exactly the same problem as jammet. I have the K90 and it suffers from the same issue also. On the M90 when you click on a button to configure and then press MR, you hit the key on your keyboard to configure and the software immediately defaults back to Mouse Button 1 (left click) on the mouse or in the case of the keyboard G1 and then

MR gets turned off and you can't record any macro's. I am running windows 7, 64bit with UAC turned off.

More points of frustration already raised.

I want to be able to map shift, ctrl and alt to the mouse buttons.

I want to use these in a held state. ie. holding down a mouse button emulates the shift key being held down.

I have had to revert back to 1.01 releases for both M90 and K90.

Yes the K90 firmware update was applied before installing anything else.

I would really like to see a new/improved beta that will at least allow me to program the buttons without constantly reverting back to M1/G1

I installed beta 2.12 and my problems really started.

I have exactly the same problem as jammet. I have the K90 and it suffers from the same issue also. On the M90 when you click on a button to configure and then press MR, you hit the key on your keyboard to configure and the software immediately defaults back to Mouse Button 1 (left click) on the mouse or in the case of the keyboard G1 and then

MR gets turned off and you can't record any macro's. I am running windows 7, 64bit with UAC turned off.

More points of frustration already raised.

I want to be able to map shift, ctrl and alt to the mouse buttons.

I want to use these in a held state. ie. holding down a mouse button emulates the shift key being held down.

I have had to revert back to 1.01 releases for both M90 and K90.

Yes the K90 firmware update was applied before installing anything else.

I would really like to see a new/improved beta that will at least allow me to program the buttons without constantly reverting back to M1/G1

The way the Beta 2.12 works for Macro is that now, after you hit the MR button, you have to FIRST select the mouse button that you want to record the macro for, and THEN key in the macros as per normal.

I have also started a consolidated thread for the M90, you can have a look:

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102765

The way the Beta 2.12 works for Macro is that now, after you hit the MR button, you have to FIRST select the mouse button that you want to record the macro for, and THEN key in the macros as per normal.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=102765

Thank you for that tip.

Now to get Corsair to map Shift, ALT and CTRL as held down mappable buttons on the mouse :-)

Archived