Corsair Community

Others experience with PSU RMA Process?

erikvidricksen

I was wondering what other peoples experience is with RMA when it comes to PSUs...

last January I bought a tx650 (v1) from Newegg, worked fine until early December 2011, (roughly 10 months into the 5 year warranty and expected life of 11.4 years)

It died starting with a bad smell, then a bang (caps bursting as others have told me) and a cloud of blue/grey smoke. upon removing it from the case it was like frying pan hot but only on the top corner above where the bundle of power leads go into the case. Im surprised It didn't start a fire honestly, the case was a bit browned where that point had made contact and the PSUs stickers had their edges start to curl up because of the heat.... I still don't know if it wiped out the rest of the computer upon its death as I don't have a replacement to test it with.

I mailed it and after a week in the hands of the postal service It finally made it from southern Oregon to California

(moral of the story is the USPS is a complete and utter failure of an organization and I recomend you let UPS do all your shipping in light of this and all the videos of FedEx people throwing things) so now its been at corsair for the last 6 days but I haven't received word on a replacement.

TL/DR summary: how long has it taken for other customers here to receive their replacements? I'm losing work hours because I cant do CAD, I don't have another computer nor another PSU. bought a corsair PSU because I had heard how reliable they are and about the great warranty(5 years is pretty special in the computer hardware business)

but now I'm starting to feel a little frustrated/sad... anyone have any idea how much longer on average it will take for them to start shipping a new one? Im going crazy here! :[pouts:

Thanks!

L/DR summary: how long has it taken for other customers here to receive their replacements? I'm losing work hours because I cant do CAD, I don't have another computer nor another PSU. bought a corsair PSU because I had heard how reliable they are and about the great warranty(5 years is pretty special in the computer hardware business)

but now I'm starting to feel a little frustrated/sad... anyone have any idea how much longer on average it will take for them to start shipping a new one? Im going crazy here!

Thanks!

Average turn a round time is 7-10 buisness days. But if you needed it sooner or cant have the down time you could have contacted customer service and asked about an advanced RMA. That way you get your new PSU before you have to ship the old one back. I apologize, i know it's a little late now!

ok I just shat bricks, UPS just came and dropped a box off from corsair.... so I guess it was a problem of someone not updating the website that it had completed processing, so I never got any information.

I am VERY happy right now and my faith in corsair is completely restored!

Thank you peanut, and thank you corsair!

Archived