Corsair Community

650D filter question

coatezy

Hi.. to prevent a few extra specs of dust entering my case I use tights pulled over the front dust cover panel which I have found to work really well.. I replace the tights once a week and the amount of dust caught in them is unbelievable. I have also made a cardboard frame again with tights pulled over it which I have placed on the top of the case to stop dust falling in to the case from above.. Until now though I haven't pulled any over the filter for the PSU.. I would imagine it will be fine but was wondering if anyone would think this isn't such a good idea? I want to stop as much dust as possible entering my ax1200 but dont want to restrict air flow to the psu and damage it.. I would imagine as long as I change them frequently I should be ok!? :sigh!:

Does anybody else use tights as a filter or am I just being weird!? :laughing:

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/4534/img20120102153430.jpg

Why not just get a big XXXL panty hose and pull it over your entire case?

-Z

Nice! :laughing: On a serious note though.. Been running it with them over the psu filter for a few days now and already has signs of collecting dust. For the sake of getting the girlfriend to pick up a pack once a month and swap them over once a week its got to be worth it. The inside stays pretty much dust free. :) I still clean the case weekly but makes the task a lot quicker. :biggrin: And it also defuses the light from led's on the megaflows nicely.

DEMCIflex.

I have a Lianli filter on the rear and DEMCIflex filters everywhere else. If you contact DEMCIflex (vincent I think), they can make some custom ones for you. You can also buy a 650D kit from them (top, front and side mesh panel) depending on your setup. Best air filters I've had the pleasure of using. Magnet keeps em in place, take em off wash and just (literally) slap them back on!

Archived