Corsair Community

H60 pump failure?

phil_style

Hi all, I recently had some help on these forums after noticing that my H60 (only 3 months old) cooling unit pump was not working. Turns out the power cable was attached to the wrong pin-set on by M-board. Anyways the original problem was solved here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/search.php?searchid=6128723

The cooling unit has been working fine since, but, about three days ago it just stopped working after a boot up. I messed around with the cables again, and even bough a small extension for the 3-pin power cable. This didn't get the cooler working. then, most bizzarely, just as I was unscrewing on of the cooler's cradle screws the unit turned itself on and started working again. the unit moved by a fraction just as the screw losened itself, and the pump turned on... running at ~4300rpm in the bios, just like it should.

This was really odd.. does the cooling unit need to be a certain angle to the ground before it starts up - my PC is not on a flat surface, on end is slightly higher than the other...? (does the pump have some kind of vertical sensor or something in it?)

It worked for a day or so, but has now stopped working again. I've since moved the power cable between different 3-pin sockets on my m-board, but the cooler pump has not turned on. I'm at the point where I'm thinking of stripping the power cable to it's individual connectors and attaching it to a new 3-pin plug head. But mayby the whole pump unit has failed.

I get no RPM in my bios now.

The alternative is just to buy a new unit altogether.

any possible tips?

He made the right call I think I got my H60 for $50... Cost of shipping and hastle isnt worth RMA... If you happen to be canadian it would've cost you more then buying new... I ordered 2 fans from corsair cost 15 shipping and 25 carrier fee when they got here... Shipping to corsair and back would likely cost me good amount more than a new unit... Good thing we have good retailers cuz ordering off net sux for us.

He made the right call I think I got my H60 for $50... Cost of shipping and hastle isnt worth RMA... If you happen to be canadian it would've cost you more then buying new... I ordered 2 fans from corsair cost 15 shipping and 25 carrier fee when they got here... Shipping to corsair and back would likely cost me good amount more than a new unit... Good thing we have good retailers cuz ordering off net sux for us.

yup, got replacement from UK reatiler for £50. was here in two days. I'd rather pay the money and get it over with then mess about..

OMGawd, what is the story on those shipping and carrier fees? That is ridiculous, talk about a way to limit commerce... the trade may be free (ie, Free Trade) but the shipping fees are outrageous! :eek:

I'm surprised you guys buy anything from a US manufacture, if you can't get it from a retailer in your country. I just keep learning more and more how spoiled we are in the US. I've bought many things on-line, even PC cases, with free shipping! Or is it that you folks are getting skaaa-ruwde in your own countries due to the shipping policies? Either way, my sympathies.

OMGawd, what is the story on those shipping and carrier fees? That is ridiculous, talk about a way to limit commerce... the trade may be free (ie, Free Trade) but the shipping fees are outrageous! :eek:

I'm surprised you guys buy anything from a US manufacture, if you can't get it from a retailer in your country. I just keep learning more and more how spoiled we are in the US. I've bought many things on-line, even PC cases, with free shipping! Or is it that you folks are getting skaaa-ruwde in your own countries due to the shipping policies? Either way, my sympathies.

I have no idea for sure. But, my guess is, US thinks there money is worth more so the bill is coming from the border... u know like how when I go across the border it cost $4 american or $4.75 canadian... Even tho the canadian dollar is worth more... Everything I've ever needed I can get here anyways we have really good retailers in my city, but those fans aren't sold anywhere other than corsair from what I've seen.

Archived