Corsair Community

Obsidian 650D

znhel

On 23/12/2011 I received the case Obsidian 650D ordered December 21, 2011

I found a very serious problem

The front panel of the cabinet loses color at the touch by hand ...

I attach images to clarify the problem

What should I do for RMA?

How do you have proof of purchase and receipt of the package?

I attach also the url of the site where I purchased the houses

http://www.e-key.it/

To whom do I send the case to replace?

I wish I illustraste the procedure

Keep in mind that in Italy and is not speak English (to write here I use the google translator)

thanks

I look forward to your communication

PS.I contacted your email rmaservice@corsairmemory.com

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/8888/zcreenshot001.jpg

http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/9587/rif1e2.jpg

Italiano

Il 23/12/2011 ho ricevuto il case Obsidian 650D ordinato il 21 dicembre 2011

Ho rilevato un grave problema

Il pannello frontale del case si scolorisce al solo tocco delle mani...

Allego immagini che chiariscono il problema

Come devo comportarmi per RMA?

Come vi faccio avere prova dell'acquisto e ricezione del pacco?

Comunque allego anche qui documentazione acquisto

Allego anche url del sito dove ho acquistato il case

A chi devo spedire il case per sostituzione?

Tenete conto che sono in Italia e non conosco l'inglese (per scrivere qui uso il traduttore di google)

Vorrei che mi illustraste la procedura da seguire

Grazie

I get this problem... But a quick wipe over with a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray/fluid from from my car cleaning kit (I use the stuff on everything) gets rid of the white marks and bring it up like new again. :) I wipe over my case each week while doing my usual case maintenance.

I get this problem... But a quick wipe over with a microfiber cloth and some detailing spray/fluid from from my car cleaning kit (I use the stuff on everything) gets rid of the white marks and bring it up like new again. :) I wipe over my case each week while doing my usual case maintenance.

Exactly a micro fiber cloth with work, same for me!

If I were using a cleaning product I find it to void your warranty as it says in the instructions not to use cleaning products

However, this problem should not be

Also you can not go every day a microfiber cloth with the product ....

In any case I tried to follow the suggestion but it did not do anything .. the problem remains (without using any product)

I remain disappointed with this product

Thanks

Strange.. Must be a different issue to what I'm experiencing but it looks identical and like you said the marks seem to appear where the case has been touched and also forms above and below the font filter just like yours.. I dont touch my case really apart from turning on and when cleaning each week so don't tent to see the marks to often. Just a guess but I would imagine your next 650D will do the same once replaced it seems like it must hold dirt/dust in the grain of the brushed metal!? Or maybe some sort of reaction or oxidization. :confused:

Good luck in getting your problem sorted! Im sure the guys at Corsair will do all they can as usual! :biggrin:

Ps detailing fluid is not a cleaning product! Its used as an aid to stop marring.. ie stop dust/small particles scratching a surface with fine swirls or imperfections.. And used a lot in the car detailing world. :cool:

Yeah, I had to RMA two 650Ds before finding a keeper in the third (paint chip issues). All three got similar marks when touched/rubbed across the grain on the brushed front panel. Kinda annoying, but not a big deal--seems to wipe off easily enough with a microfiber cloth or lightly damped paper towel. Haven't tried the quick detail fluid.

-Z

• 3 weeks later...

I clean once a week with little cloth I get when buy monitor same like for glass.

Only wet cloth with water and from top to bottom easy move not circular movement or fast or hard.

No need for some chemicals, clear water is enough and always will be like new.

Front panel with same metod and window with same cloth only dry.

Archived