Corsair Community

H100 - I5 2500K running hot?

Xound

Hi guys,

I just installed my H100 yesterday and I am not sure if the H100 is sitting properly on the cpu as I feel as if it's running to hot at 100% load. I have the H100 setup as push/pull, the two extra fans that I installed are from the chassis (Inwin).

The idle temp for each core is between 36-39 and when runnning prime 85 blend, each logical core is between 72-76 °C, for some reason the second core is approx 5-6 °C hotter then the other three.

The CPU is a I5 2500K and it is at 1.33 v (Asus P8 P67Pro). My room temparture is about 22 °C.

I am wondering if the extra chassis fans that are connected into the pump are affecting how fast the corsair fans can go???

Does anyone have any suggestions at this point? The made sure that the thumb screws for the pump are tihgt as well.

The idle temp for each core is between 36-39 and when runnning prime 85 blend, each logical core is between 72-76 °C, for some reason the second core is approx 5-6 °C hotter then the other three.

You have yourr vcore up, what is your overclock?

And you will always have one or more cores that read different temps depending on whats running.Some cores do more work and thus create more heat.

Really, you dont need to worry about individual core temps as much as Tcase temps.

Core temps will be hotter than the case and that is what intels specs are based on

I am wondering if the extra chassis fans that are connected into the pump are affecting how fast the corsair fans can go???

I really doubt it. A few fans are not enough to bog down the pump. What does the RPM's of the pump show in your BIOS?

Your temps look pretty good to me overall. You can experiment with case flow and having your cooler set as intake or exhaust and see what is best for your rig.

Sorry, lol, it's @ 4.5 ghz.

I thought about bypassing the h100 fan controller and connecting both corsair fans to my mobo.

Where would each fan get plugged into?

The CPU fan (pump) says it's @ 2027rpm..

With that high of an overclock your temps are really pretty good and pump speed is also good.

Set it and forget it!

Where would each fan get plugged into?

That would be entirely up to you. If you choose to bypass the fan controller , then you can either plug them into available MB connections or straight into the PSU. But you will loose the PWM function and your fans will run at full bore all the time.

Archived