Corsair Community

Memory expansion questions. asus board

krystan

Hi there, I would like to expand the memory in my Asus A7N8X-X currently I have the below sitting in the slots: 1 x Corsair (TWINX512-3200C2) 512MB (2 x 256MB Matched Pair), DDR400 / PC3200, non-ECC, Unbuffered, CL2, Lifetime Warranty, Black Heat Spreader now there is another ram slot in the motherboard (it had three) what is the maximum I can put in this from corsair and which product is it I need given my current config. I am a gamer but don't overclock massively. Krys

• Corsair Employees
You can add another module of CMX512-3200C2, but you will need the module to be exactly matched both in part# and revision to what you have now! In addition the suggested timings would be Cass 2.5-3-3-7 and I would set the Dim Voltage to 2.7 Volts as well!

HI there, I have two matched 256 corsair chips in my asus A7N8X-X making 512k in total I want to use the other slot (there are three in this mobo) is it ok to whack a 1 gig chip in if the others are 256 also which one would this be as the corsair range is new to me and I am not sure which SINGLE chip to buy Thanks in advance Krys

Ok, so in otherwords you have TWO CMX256A-3200C2 sticks of memory. I think Ram Guy did just what I did when I read your first post, thought u had ONE CMX512-3200C2. In this case, I believe you can add ONE 1024 stick to it, however IIRC, then it will no longer be in dual channel mode. Ram Guy, am I on the right track here?

• Corsair Employees
Wait! No, maybe, I think I am confused! LOL! If you want to add a 1.0 Gig Module; No way! 1.0 Gig modules would be Cass 3 and would not be compatible! If you want a total of 1.0 by adding another module CMX512-3200C2 the same revision as what you have now! Then yes and that's what I was suggesting! If you talking about something else, then I am totally lost, and I would ask you to be more specific!

• Corsair Employees
[QUOTE]If you want to add a 1.0 Gig Module; No way! 1.0 Gig modules would be Cass 3 and would not be compatible![/QUOTE] With this MB if the modules are not exactly matched, I think he will have problems! I would not suggest it!

Archived