Corsair Community

K60: Possibility of getting the K90 wrist rest eventually?

Paddiruku

I think I've come to terms at living with a lot of the gripes I have with my K60 (membrane keys, shoddy shift key, odd sounding space key), especially after trying an Azio Mech4 with mx blacks and not being able to deal with how stiff those keys are.

The only thing that I would want is a complete wrist rest similar to how the K90 has. I could just get a K90 instead, but I do not really care for the macro keys. Any indication if this wrist rest will potentially be sold as an accessory would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Nooooo! Don't do that! Oh wait a minute, I already have a K60 with the left-handed wrist rest. But if I was buying another....!!...

I personally like the wrist rest, it's the right height and shape for my hand. It puts my fingers over the keys, where as without it, or using a more traditional rest a la K90, I feel I have to reach for the WASD, AND completely lift my hand for the number keys. Not with the K60 rest. It makes my keyboard feel like a gamepad, but with the familiarity of a normal keyboard. I tried the "Others's" gamepads and I just couldn't get into the non-staggered, same sized keys. I liked the idea, and really wanted to make them work, but no dice. Old habits die hard I guess. The K60's rest was the perfect solution for me.

Just for relativity, I would take a large sized glove.

Also, it doesn't really bug me to type with the rest in place. However, if I knew I was going to be writing a paper or a book or something extensive, I would replace it one of those aftermarket keyboard wrist rests that you can get for 20 bucks. But until then I'll play games :)

Have you seen my thread on foam used for wrist rest for k90? It looks dodgy but it works very well as interim solution - the K90 rest is very short IMO. I think a bit of that foam and double sided tape would secure it fine to edge of K60.

Pat.

• Corsair Employees
We have seen a few posts of people creating custom wrist rests. It all depends on personal preference. I use the K60 for Counter-Strike and BF3. The way i position my hand on the W A S D keys, I angle the keyboard so i do not use the wrist pad.

• 3 months later...
Any update on this subject? I have a K90 and would like the K60 wrist pad because for me the wrist rest of the K90 is way too short. My hands don't even touch it when I'm gaming and barely when Im typing.

Archived