Corsair Community

C?X12GX3M3A2000C9 compatibility question

NimRoD_

Hi all

I have acquired a MSI 990FXA-GD65 motherboard and CMX12GX3M3A2000C9 memory modules.

My system however is not booting. (it powers on and I see 8 CPU phase leds that stay burning, (working with an AMD FX 8150)) I fear the memory modules are the issue.

The mobo should support the following modules DDR3 800/1066/1333/1600/1866*/2133*(OC).

So its over 1600, but OC ..

I checked the corsair tool for compatible memory modules for my my motherboard. I spotted 3 DDR3-2000 modules in the full list. But not the ones I got.

Can anyone with better knowledge then me tell me if I need to get other modules, or perhaps know how i can get them to work?

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is resolved.

For those that like to know how, read on below.

I ordered other modules since i had no others readily available to me. The system still would not boot...

I digged further and suspected that the FX 8150 chipset was not being recognized by the bios of the fxa990-65 . I contacted MSI to verify this, and after a copy paste answer they did verfiy this. Although it felt more like they said so to get rid of me ..

Flashing the BIOS is kinda difficult without a CPU that is working. They said to send it back to the retailer, but it is just some online retailer, i doubt they would help.

I took out an athlon x2, the system could boot on this and i could flash. It is working fine ever since.

Archived