Corsair Community

600T Fan Controller Stuck on High?

87ninefiveone

I did some breif searches but didn't come up with much.

I've had 4 x 120mm ******** fans which are 12V, 0.45A each wired to the case fan controller for around 1-2 months with no issues. I turn on my PC today and for some reason the fans are all stuck on high which makes my 600T sound like a vaccum cleaner. Turning the knob does nothing. Anyone have a similar problem or know of a fix?

I'd rather not RMA an entire case for a $20 fan controller since it would be a pain to remove everthing plus it would cost more to ship the case than buy a fan controller that works.

From what I've read the fan controller was means to handle 0.5A on each channel for a total of 2A. Under normal operation that shouldn't have been exceeded, but I wonder if it there was a spike on power up that caused the failure.

That said, if the stock fan controller was only meant for the stock fans that would be pretty lame. Especially since Corsair never specified that or bothered to list official specs for either the fan controller or the stock fans.

Same thing just happened to me except in reverse, my controller just died. Just filled out RMA form and will await results. Hopefully they can send me a new controller or even a cable to run the three factory fans directly from the power supply.

Archived