Corsair Community

Very slow Nova 60GB

Slafes

Got a 60 gig Corsair Nova read: 270MB / s write 240MB / s, on a Gigabyte p67A-UD3-B3

I have a test done with AS SSD as the system is not moving forward, constantly waiting at typing and surfing and very slow ...

Seq: 227MB / s read, 30.85 MB / s write

4k: 10.91 MB / s read, 3.70 MB / s write

The other tests I skipped because it would take more than 5 hours. AHCI used in the bios, with a clean install of windows it runs very smoothly. After a few days it ran very slow. Because I thought windows was broken I had done a fresh install again but again the same results after a few days. I have used SSD tweaker and have read every possible course on setting up an SSD but can't find the problem. The disc also has 20 gig free space I've already changed from SATA3 to SATA2. There is no new firmware available. Does anyone have an idea, or else it goes out of the system and buy me a raptor or something because this is not working for me. Kind regards.

Tested it with atto... Write speed about 190 MB/s and read about 270 MB/s.

Still does not explain why my system is so slow and browsing showing lot's of hickups... When I type characters appaer seconds after... New browser screens take 10 seconds to open... Same system with a normal HD works fine.

Second question, why are the AS SSD results so low and the ATTO results high? Different type of testing?

I'm having the same problem. Bought this SSD to use as a boot drive...but well, bad idea. Windows updates takes AGES (lousy 200mb download took 5 hours last night), issues with multitasking, and well everything else Slafes has said. The read speeds are decent, but the write speeds are pathetic. Copying a file on my SSD to another folder ON the SSD took 1 hour (1 gig file). I think I'll end up using this SSD as a storage drive for games or something...Since I live 7 hours away from the place I bought it.

--I've tried Parted Magic, and everything else people have recommended as I've looked EVERYWHERE for a solution for this POS drive, but so far nothing. I'm open to anymore recommendations, though.

Sorry for the late reply, and Happy New Years to everyone.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc370/wakaranai1432/ATTO.png

These benchmarks are looking more like the advertised speeds. Though, I'm still a bit confused on why this SSD performs so poorly as an OS drive. I've now resorted to using this SSD for my games, and works perfectly for that task. However, I was looking forward to using this as a OS drive for better experience within windows. Has anyone figured out a solution? Or am I doomed with this SSD and better off exchanging for another SSD?

Hi,

My 2 pence:

I have lived with Nova 2 as my system drive for several months now, I now regret I've spent money on this. It has been no improvement in speed over convantional drive, as time passes my system gets slower and slower.

I'm not sure what ATTO disk benchmark displays but this drive is failing real life test. There has not been much info from Corsair about particular drive, no firmware updates or any solution to make it usable. It seems to me that Nova 2 drives are faulty in design, but nobody wants to admit that. I'm planing to get another ssd of different brand and sell this Corsair product for cheap.

Hi,

My 2 pence:

I have lived with Nova 2 as my system drive for several months now, I now regret I've spent money on this. It has been no improvement in speed over convantional drive, as time passes my system gets slower and slower.

I'm not sure what ATTO disk benchmark displays but this drive is failing real life test. There has not been much info from Corsair about particular drive, no firmware updates or any solution to make it usable. It seems to me that Nova 2 drives are faulty in design, but nobody wants to admit that. I'm planing to get another ssd of different brand and sell this Corsair product for cheap.

Thanks for this post, I've been DYING to get at least some sort of response that would confirm my theory. Seems they don't want to answer questions or simply give a yes/no answer to the question "Will I need a new ssd or be stuck with this POS?". I'll most likely get another SSD from a different brand as well.

Archived