Corsair Community

M90 side buttons, I got them working

vincois

For starters, I have several Corsair products and I have always been impressed with the fit and finish. Until today... I bought the "we rushed to market" M90 with the basically unusable software. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I got the buttons I assigned to keyboard keys by going to Task Manager and right clicking on M90Hid.exe and on the compatibility tab I check'd Run as administrator and my mappings started to work.

I hope this helps others. I also hope the software update keeps me from returning this mouse.

I have keys working in SWOTR. I have not tried other games yet. Just FYI.

*Note* I have UAC completely disabled also.

Told my friend about this.

It didn't work.

He's assigned the side buttons to keys on the keyboard, then assigned those keyboard keys as the binds in-game. He can't assign just the mouse buttons because they don't pick up in-game to set, nor do they pick up with the way I just mentioned.

I got the buttons I assigned to keyboard keys by going to Task Manager and right clicking on M90Hid.exe and on the compatibility tab I check'd Run as administrator and my mappings started to work.

I disabled UAC, and it works! (works for SWtoR (that's a game))

Thank you very much! :D

UAC is User Account Control. To turn them off in Windows 7 go to Start-Control Panel-User Accounts-Change User Account Control Settings and put the slider all the way down.

It's not a recommended thing to do, but you can when you're playing. If you have a worry about security afterwards, though, turn it back on. It requires a reboot, so it's a bit ponderous to do it back and forth all the time, but for now it works.

• 3 months later...
For starters, I have several Corsair products and I have always been impressed with the fit and finish. Until today... I bought the "we rushed to market" M90 with the basically unusable software. Anyway, just my 2 cents.

I hope this helps others. I also hope the software update keeps me from returning this mouse.

I have keys working in SWOTR. I have not tried other games yet. Just FYI.

This helped fixed it for me, but it was lacking a few details. After right clicking on the M90Hid.exe in task manager, open the folder, right click on the file > Properties > Compatibility tab in order to set the program to run as admin. Then you have to kill the process using task manager then restart it from the file you just changed the properties on.

I hope this helps.

PS: I didn't need to change my UAC settings at all. I'm one level up from never notify.

• 7 months later...
did you reprogram all 15 buttons? I can get about 4 done besides the stock left middle right. Thanks for the help. Mine is being returned tonight. I tried everything from compatibility running admin in all .exe The task manager had it under services not applications. I dont have anything running resident and this mouse should not have to when the memory is onboard. Ive had enough onboard mice. Corsair just blew this one big time. They need to work on a ver. 2 software/firmware. Thanks again for sharing your stuff really appreciate it. p.s. in compatibility they are up to win 7, no win 7 servicepack 1. Could that be it? Anyway I should have read the reviews before buying. People liking dont reprogram buttons. On another subject their keyboard feels kinda cramped compared to a stock one. They are cool metal and mechanical (reminds me of the old selectrics) which is nice but...

• Corsair Employees
did you reprogram all 15 buttons? I can get about 4 done besides the stock left middle right. Thanks for the help. Mine is being returned tonight. I tried everything from compatibility running admin in all .exe The task manager had it under services not applications. I dont have anything running resident and this mouse should not have to when the memory is onboard. Ive had enough onboard mice. Corsair just blew this one big time. They need to work on a ver. 2 software/firmware. Thanks again for sharing your stuff really appreciate it. p.s. in compatibility they are up to win 7, no win 7 servicepack 1. Could that be it? Anyway I should have read the reviews before buying. People liking dont reprogram buttons. On another subject their keyboard feels kinda cramped compared to a stock one. They are cool metal and mechanical (reminds me of the old selectrics) which is nice but...

To get the games working with the keys, you have to assign the key you want that button to use, and then enable hardware playback.

Here is a guide on how to do so: http://www.corsair.com/us/blog/enabling-hardware-playback-mode-on-the-corsair-vengeance-m90-performance-mmo-and-rts-laser-gaming-mouse/

I always stick the stuff in mouse memory. I only buy mice with onboard memory, old school and wont run anything resident but the os. I am now using the coolermaster with out an issue. Costs 1/2 the price and feels way better too, and the drivers work. The Logitech behind me and system next to that Razer all onboard, no issues. Ive tried everything with the corsair, They should have as well before releasing. Ouch, wonder if people will think twice when needing memory now? I will.

• Corsair Employees
I always stick the stuff in mouse memory. I only buy mice with onboard memory, old school and wont run anything resident but the os. I am now using the coolermaster with out an issue. Costs 1/2 the price and feels way better too, and the drivers work. The Logitech behind me and system next to that Razer all onboard, no issues. Ive tried everything with the corsair, They should have as well before releasing. Ouch, wonder if people will think twice when needing memory now? I will.

Everyone has their growing pains. It is our first foray into peripherals and we have learned a lot as each release shows. Are there things we could do over? Definitely. Is our product complete and utter trash? Far from it.Even the companies you mentioned show (with a quick glance in Logitech's forums) show prevalent issues across all product lines. Razer has no forum at all so no one gets to hear the criticism of their products openly.

I agree, Razer is far from the best. I have a couple of their first ever made still in the cans. They sent them to me. In the early 80's companys used customers to help develope hardware/software thru the growing pains and I had the time. Then again "the best" is ones opinion. Im just saying it might be time Corsair concentrates on next ver. of drivers unless hardware limits it. Ratio of owners vs. problems have it written all over the place. The Corsair is well constructed thats for sure, imo it is the nicest/well constructed mouse and keyboard around, just need software engineer to bring it up to todays standards. I do agree with the growing pains for sure. No problem, i will check it out next year if I see progress made. If I was running Corsairs new hardware dept. it would be a priority or re-word the sales/marketing language to make it clear not all buttons are versatile. I can not find someone who has successfully remapped every button on that mouse. Again I do agree with you all the way and hope the best for the future of those products. thanks much.

Archived