Corsair Community

H100 Wont fit into Gigabyte 990FX AUD3

Rob36

Hi

I bought a H100 for my Gigabyte 990FX AUD3 AM3+ motherboard, but the cooling block bracket on the H100 is not going to fit in my motherboard.

Does anyone know what i can do or i'm missing a bracket??

I have upload a screen shot of my motherboard

Thanks

Rob

990FX.thumb.jpg.fd7d860fae24e642fb5766f324773bbb.jpg

The pump unit will not fit into the area around the socket, if so then turn the pump 90 degrees and see if it will fit then. There is no bracket included for amd platforms, youll need to use the one included with the mobo, the H100 only includes full brackets for intel mobos. Took me forever to find the original bracket for my amd mobo.

This is how it was when i bought my launch H100, this may have changed since then.

Unfortunately, given the mounting system of the H100 on AMD boards, and the standard CPU cooler mounting brackets included with AMD boards (more so the latter than the former), you cannot turn the pump 90 degrees to assist in fitting it on the CPU. You can turn the pump 180 degrees, but that may not help as well.

BTW, did you notice that for AMD mounting you must remove the brackets on the pump and replace them with the two AMD mounting brackets included in the hardware bag? There are additional parts used for AMD CPU mounting. That is shown in the instructions. Sorry if you already did that.

What is in the way, the DIMM sockets and the pumps tubes? Checking your picture, it looks like there is more room on the other side, between the CPU socket and the VRM heat sink. Is turning the pump in that direction an option for you?

It will be a tight squeeze, i cant believe Corsair would sell a cooler and say its compatible with AM3, when i have to take parts from another cooler to get it to fit:mad::mad:

I mite as well send it back to komplett.ie and use money to buy another water cooler from another maker.

Very disappointed with Corsair right now

It will be a tight squeeze, i cant believe Corsair would sell a cooler and say its compatible with AM3, when i have to take parts from another cooler to get it to fit:mad::mad:

No need to take parts from another cooler. The H100 pump comes pre-mounted with the Intel bracket, just simply remove this and switch to the AMD bracket that came with your H100. Look at this picture to identify. Maybe

might help with installation.

Archived