Corsair Community

need help configuring DDR2-1066

Braegnok

I'm hoping to up grade my Corsair VS2GB800D2 DDR2-800 memory to (XMS2-8500 1066)

And any help or information would be greatly appreciated, I bought two kits of Corsair XMS8505 version 1.2 Micron 64MX8 Rev.D 1024 MB, for a total of 4GB Ram.

First Is DDR2-1066 going to work in my board? Without over-stressing the memory controller? That's why I went with the 1GB sticks instead of 4GB kits, It seems that it should detect it as 800, 667 or 533 so I will just need to overclock it to 1066? and change volts from 1.8V to 2.10V?

How much should I raise NB Volts? and should I enable 2T mode?

Thank You Vary Much. I have not received new memory yet but should have it in first week of January, and want to have as much information about upgrading to 1066 as I can, before messing with bios settings and wasting time.

Without over-stressing the memory controller? That's why I went with the 1GB sticks instead of 4GB kits,
thats backwards, the more slots filled the more strain on the controller.

mixing kits is not supported, a 2x2 set would have been ideal, the more slots filled with unmatched ram (from the factory) the more likely you may have to lower the speed to ddr800.

see the 2 links below as to why.

Thank You vary much! For all the great information.

I could have saved some time and money if I had waited for a reply, before ordering the mix matched 4 up 1024 sticks.

I just ordered one matched set of Corsair Dominator CM2x2048-8500C5D, And I guess I'll use the others for trading, or in a different system running ddr2800.

Would you know a safe bump to my NB volts, to run the 2 matched 2GB set at? or is that something I need to just slowly adjust and see how things go.

Archived