Corsair Community

Question about firmware for Force GT

Hordieng

I just recently purchased a Force GT 120 GB. The only thing is it appears as if my mobo (Asus Striker Extreme) does not support AHCI, so it is impossible to enable it.

Would this be the reason the Field Updater tool is not detecting my drive? Is there any other way to update the firmware?

Any help is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
I just recently purchased a Force GT 120 GB. The only thing is it appears as if my mobo (Asus Striker Extreme) does not support AHCI, so it is impossible to enable it.

Would this be the reason the Field Updater tool is not detecting my drive? Is there any other way to update the firmware?

Any help is appreciated.

have the same problem but the ahci mode is active.:o:

Any help is appreciated.

The update must be run in AHCI mode. The drive can be updated by another computer in AHCI mode if you have a friend or local shop that can help or access to anothr machine. If you cannot update it yourself, RMA it and we will update it.

Are you having issues?

The update must be run in AHCI mode. The drive can be updated by another computer in AHCI mode if you have a friend or local shop that can help or access to anothr machine. If you cannot update it yourself, RMA it and we will update it.

Are you having issues?

I run Crystaldiskmark and the last test results are anormaly low.

sending you my screen shot.

disk_test.jpg.ec84dca7206ab47a0c0f8877d16c9cad.jpg

Using CrystalDiskInfo it appears as it the SSD is already has firmware 1.3.3.

This is probably a good opportunity to look into motherboards and do an upgrade.

Anything I should do to ensure the longevity of the SSD since it is not in AHCI mode?

I checked if TRIM was on with "fsutil behavior query disabledeletenotify" and it said it was. However, "EnableSuperfetch" and "EnablePrefetcher" in the BIOS have values of 3 when it should be 0 if TRIM is working.

At first the SSD was appearing on the defragment schedule but has since disappeared completely as a selectable drive for it.

Any help is appreciated.

Archived