Corsair Community

H100 + LGA 2011 What case???

staggerlee011

Hi all,

Just putting together my new pc. and having a slight problem with space to fit in my H100.

I have a I7 3630k CPU with a Asus P9X79 PRO and a full 32gb of Corsair Vengeance memory.

I brought a Fractal Design r3 case. I found it didnt perfectly fit a H100 but it would do (screw sockets dont line up perfectly so i would have to use 4 of the 8 screws to attach the H100). But when I put in the mobo into the case and tried to attach the H100 THere is a large chunk of metal in the way. If you look on the LGA 2011 boards they all have for what ever reason a large piece of metal above where the CPU goes.

This has now left me with quiet the problem of what case will actually fit a LGA 2011 mobo + a H100.

Does anyone else have a similar set up and care to share there case? Bit lost now and the options of guessing which case might fit isnt sounding to attactive to me.

The Corsair Obsidian 800 looks like it would work. But at £200 is rather steep.

Ive seen some builds using a 600t but it looks very tight and all the builds ive seen were using the 1155s which dont have this new (and im sure very important) chunk of annoyance in the way to make this a none go.

Any suggestions and help most welcome!

Thanks

s

Archived