Corsair Community

More A7N8X-E Deluxe Woes :(

M4g1cM4n

I've got a customer whos having some random issues with an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe board and 1Gb of TWINX 2700LLPT memory. The RAM has been tested in Memtest+ on both an IC7-G board and an A7N8X Deluxe board about 4 times and has passed every single time. The problems that have been occuring with the system is that everytime a large amount of data is transferred (1GB +), the machine will either BSOD (Windows XP) or will just restart. The Corsair has been substituted with GEIL Value memory (blue heat spreader stuff) and the problems go away. The timings for the TWINX that the board picks up are 2-2-3-5 (even though 2-2-2-5 is specified on the modules) but the memtests have been run at 2-2-2-5 (with no issues) Any help appreciated (its driving me nuts).

What CPU / FSB do you have? What speed and voltage are you running your memory at? What version of the TwinX1024-2700LL do you have? [URL=http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/products/specs/twinx1024-2700ll.pdf]TwinX1024-2700LL Spec Sheet[/URL] [URL=http://www.corsairmicro.com/corsair/xms.html]Per the XMS spec list:[/URL] That memory is designed for 2-3-2-5. [URL=http://houseofhelp.com/v3/showthread.php?t=8048]Timing List:[/URL] [QUOTE]Resulting Frequency: 166MHz SDRAM CAS Latency: 2T SDRAM RAS to CAS Delay (tRCD): 3T SDRAM Row Precharge (tRP): 2T SDRAM Active to Precharge Delay (tRAS): 5T SDRAM Bank Interleave: 4 Bank All other settings are motherboard defaults.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replies guys - I'd sort of forgotten about this until I found the modules in some paperwork under my desk OK - all speeds/voltages are @ stock (timings are indeed at 2-3-2-5) and the version of the modules is 2.2 The thing is I have exactly the same setup running flawlessley in another machine (but with the non -E version of the board) so I can't understand the problems here. Any more advice? Cheers

• Corsair Employees
If you have another system, the non -E version please use that system to verify the results! If you get errors with the other system then; let's try replacing your modules! Please follow the link in my signature “I think I have a bad part!” and we will be happy to replace them or it!"

RAM GUY I'm just curious as to why replacing the modules would have any different results (as they have been tested under Memtest multiple times without an issue). The problems that the customer is having is that under Windows XP SP1 when he copies large files (over 1GB in size) he gets BSOD errors or machine reboots yet with 2x 512MB GEIL PC2700 he doesn't get the problems. I've got the two Corsair modules in a non -E board now trying to recreate the problem (but I don't think I'll be able to). Will post back when spent some time testing. Thanks

• Corsair Employees
The -E version of this MB has not performed as well as the non -E version in our lab! So the point was that if you can test them in another MB to verify if it is or was a failing module! Bottom line if our modules will not run at the rated spec we will be happy to replace them!

Archived