Corsair Community

Corsair A70 ?

Jimmie48

Hi guys new to the forums here and also new to building my new rig.I just bought the i5 2500k cpu and an A70 cooler for it and was just wondering what is the best way to apply artic silver 5 to it.There are so many different ways to do this.I don't plan on over clocking just yet.Artic silvers site says do the vertical method for the i5 but i was just wondering,will the paste spread past the ridges between the heat pipes ok? Any help would be great Thanks.

First apply some paste to the heatsink itself and spread it around using a credit card or a razor blade. Spread it around so it fills all the crevices. Then scrap off the excess so all that is left is in the crevices.

I like to spread the AS5 on the cpu. I spread a very thin layer using a razor blade. It takes a few minutes and you have to be careful but I prefer to do it that way. It is important that it is a very thin layer. If you don't want to do that just apply the AS5 to the cpu the way Arctic Silver says to. I prefer spreading it myself because I feel it gives a more consistent contact for the entire cpu and heatsink.

Archived