Corsair Community

[Help] Corsair CMT12GX3M3A2000C9 on Rampage IV Extreme

Jonny93

Hey guys !

I've been really annoyed this past week by my Corsair Dominator GT Triple channel 3x4GB kit (CMT12GX3M3A2000C9), so i could really use some help here to tune my DIMMs correctly.

I'm currently using only 8GB in Dual Channel & they are annoying me because i've been trying to stabilize them 100% since the beginning of December, i used Intel X.M.P. profile, it sets them @ 1866Mhz (which i'm not complaining about) & the timings to 9-10-9-27, so, i go and run MemTest, & i get some errors, so i went back to BIOS & changed timings to 9-11-9-27 & i didn't get any errors with MemTest, but now the problem is, when i use X.M.P., the CPU's BCLK changes from Auto to 100 (which is resulting in lag with Fraps in all games), i've also tried to manually set the timings, frequency & voltages (with BCLK set to Auto) but it only works for 1 time (all good with fraps) but then the next time i start my PC, it says system unstable in BIOS. I really hope anyone could help me to manually tweak my DIMMs so that the CPU's BCLK stays on Auto & i get at least 1600Mhz on the DIMMs with stability.

Thanks.

[uPDATE] Issue is now solved & i'm running at 1866Mhz with Auto BCLK (for now, might be getting the quad 2133Mhz kit later).

Do you have the latest MB BIOS installed?

And have you tried instal;ling the modules one at a time with defaults loaded and enable XMP then test them one at a time with http://www.memtest.org?

Thanks for your reply.

I have the latest MB BIOS installed (updated yesterday) but i haven't actually tested the DIMMs one by one, i will do that soon and see if it makes any difference and i'll come back with the results, thanks for your advice.

If you get the same results with each modules when tested one up then it is likely the CPU just topping out and you may have to run them at DDR1600 or DDR1866.

I tested 1 by 1, Auto, XMP & manual & frames per second still drop in games (when recording only) on all frequencies, voltages & timings, so i suppose it's either the modules (which are designed for older triple channel CPU's) or it's a fraps issue. 1 of my DIMMs actually died on me trying to stabilize it on a P6X58D-E MB (killing the DIMM slot it was on) which i was using with an i7 950 before, so i'm thinking of selling those remaining 8GB & getting fresh and new 16GB (4x4GB) Quad Channel Dominator GT 2133Mhz (CMT16GX3M4X2133C9), would you recommend those ? they will be available soon here. & Thanks for your help.

Archived