Corsair Community

H80 Temps

murmur1

I got 20c++ less with stock cooler :|

http://i3.aijaa.com/b/00253/9229638.jpg

some would say its not installed right but atleast my idle temps are way lower than they were with stock cooler

http://i5.aijaa.com/b/00289/9229637.jpg

Fans are running @ lvl3 / performance.

Any ideas? ty.

ty mr.peanutz94

thermal paste was covering only ~half of the processor :P case closed >

http://i9.aijaa.com/b/00594/9230378.jpg

and for dougJK, volts/ghz goes down when processor isnt doing anything.

Ah, did not think of that. lulz ::pirate::

Never pay attention to that.

Nevermind, I realized I had to download another program from cpuid.com.

Got it but now I'm worried because it shows my SSD drive at 128C!!!

That's 242F wow over boiling water temperature.

I've got it in a drive cage with a fan pulling air over it.

Is that temp dangerous / out of normal range?

It's got to be off . Also make sure you are using only one monitoring program at a time. Using two or more can also cause strange readings.

AZ Willie, Temperature sensors in SSDs are not a given, some may have them, many don't. Then there is the issue of how the temperature reading/data is interpreted by SMART (which usually is not smart) or by other software. If the temperature data from your SSD is an actual reading, then CPUID is not interpreting it correctly.

I get sane readings from a free program called HWiNFO, given that the temperature reading is real. Another free program, SSD Life, shows SSD temperatures, give that a try. Only one SSD I have reports a real temperature, that changes a bit over time. It shows basically room temperature, although it is a small capacity SSD, larger runs will run warmer, but not much. Another SSD I use has it's temp set to 40C, it never changes, and is just a number programmed into it. Others show nothing, or a garbage value. If your SSD is above 35C, that would be surprising, IMO.

parsec, I tried the SSD Life program and it also shows 128C. ChrystalDiskInfo reports temps on all drives except for C where it shows 0c.

Since two programs report 128 and one program reprots 0 I'm going to presume this SSD does not have a temp sensor. If it was 128c it would melt.

It runs fine so the reported temps have to be wrong. SSD Life also says it has been used for 22 day and I've only had it running for about 14. Perhaps it calculated total hours and divides by the number it figures an average user would use it --- would would not cover a geek like me :)

AZ Willie, Temperature sensors in SSDs are not a given, some may have them, many don't. Then there is the issue of how the temperature reading/data is interpreted by SMART (which usually is not smart) or by other software. If the temperature data from your SSD is an actual reading, then CPUID is not interpreting it correctly.

I get sane readings from a free program called HWiNFO, given that the temperature reading is real. Another free program, SSD Life, shows SSD temperatures, give that a try. Only one SSD I have reports a real temperature, that changes a bit over time. It shows basically room temperature, although it is a small capacity SSD, larger runs will run warmer, but not much. Another SSD I use has it's temp set to 40C, it never changes, and is just a number programmed into it. Others show nothing, or a garbage value. If your SSD is above 35C, that would be surprising, IMO.

Archived