Corsair Community

Corsair H80 - Will it fit in the future?

Pieta

Hello!

I´m about to buy a Corsair H80 for my 1156 cpu, but I need to know if Corsair will make available new mounting options for past w/c kits, so they can be used on the new processoes appearing on the market.

If I buy an Ivy Bridge (probably not a good example since it´s supposed to use the 1155 socket) or a Haswell CPU in the future, will the H80 be usable on those CPU´s too? Or do I have to buy a new one?

Thank you

Yes, IvyBridge is supposed to use the 1155 socket, but future processors won´t.

What I´m trying to understand is if it´s or will be Corsair´s policy to provide bracket update kits for current owners when the need for such arrises.

Okay, I understand you can´t give me an official statement, but that was all I wanted to hear.

Here in Portugal the H80 is about 125 USD, so it´s not something I´m going to buy lightly.

Thank you for your help :biggrin:

CPU and socket size has been quite variable lately, some smaller (1155) and others larger (Bulldozer, 2011), for CPU cooler manufactures, that is a nightmare. Asking them to predict the future is almost impossible, and a one size fits all product will be very difficult to accomplish.

Archived