Corsair Community

GPU cooling on 600T question

Feralys

I plan on getting a dual card GPU when the 7990 or GTX 690 (similar to 6990 or gtx 590) and I don't plan on replacing the side window with mesh and fans because I love the side window. Right now I have a H80 push pull exhausting and the stock fans on max speed.

1) do you think my case has sufficient cooling for a dualcard gpu? If not, how can I improve it so it can sufficiently cool a dualcard GPU.

2) if so, do I get one with direct exhaust(reference blower type) or axial fans(like the MSI twin frozr that recirculates the hot air back into the case and depends on case fans to exhaust hot air?

My thoughts are to replace the front intake fan with a 30mm by 200mm fan. Or I can add a 120mm fan between the lower harddrive cage and 3.5inch drive bays to try to push more cool air at the videocard.

I hope a corsair techsupport represeentative could help me out.

• Corsair Employees

The case default fans are sufficient enough but of course you can significantly improve it.

Get the side mesh panel since your are going to run Xfire/SLI, this will allow you to mount additional fans on the side to help cool down your GPUs. http://www.corsair.com/parts/cas.e-parts/graphite-series-600-side-panel-with-windowed-and-mesh-inserts.html.

You can use a 30mm thick fan on the front but may need some sort of modification to make them fit.

I plan on getting a dual card GPU when the 7990 or GTX 690 (similar to 6990 or gtx 590) and I don't plan on replacing the side window with mesh and fans because I love the side window. Right now I have a H80 push pull exhausting and the stock fans on max speed.

Get the side mesh panel since your are going to run Xfire/SLI, this will allow you to mount additional fans on the side to help cool down your GPUs.

Hrmmm.... well if you don't want the best solution to your problem the next best thing is this.

Get yourself a front intake 30mm thick fan like RAM DUDE stated. Move your HDD cage near the PSU. Flip the PSU so the fan is exhausting hot air from the case, instead of being alone in its cooling function (dunno if that made any sense). Then get two 120mm fans up top exhausting and the 120mm rear as intake. Make sure your CPU HS is facing up to exhaust through the top two fans. If you can, get an extra intake fan in the 5.25" bays as intake, it'll help keep positive air pressure within the case high.

That or water cool the beasts!

Archived