Corsair Community

Force GT 240G and Asus Rampage III Extreme

skyoda

I'm looking to buy a Force GT 240G

I want to make sure it is compatible (max performance) with my motherboard, asus rampage III extreme:

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1366/Rampage_III_Extreme/#specifications

I am wondering because I read some bad review with the Marvell PCIe 9128 controller... but I read somewhere that on the rampage III extreme it is on PCIe 2.0 so it should work properly ?

Thanks for this quick reply, much appreciated.

That seems to be a problem if I use 2 SSD in raid 0 setup... but what if I use only one SSD and 1 port, will i get theses same bad results ?

also updated bios and marvel driver to last version, would it help ?

Or is there any kind of pci-e card that would be recommanded to add a good Sata3 port with the Force GT 240G ?

That seems to be a problem if I use 2 SSD in raid 0 setup... but what if I use only one SSD and 1 port, will i get theses same bad results ?

Yes, same bad results...

also updated bios and marvel driver to last version, would it help ?

Sorry, no it would not...

Or is there any kind of pci-e card that would be recommanded to add a good Sata3 port with the Force GT 240G ?

Any SATA/SAS card by LSI, Intel, or Areca. Stay away from Highpoint or Adaptec...

Here is a bunch of different RAID cards that the SSD Review has tested:

http://thessdreview.com/category/raid-enterprise/raid-cards/

Would this PCI-e raid controller give maximum capability for the GT 240G ?

LSI Internal SATA/SAS 9211-8i 6Gb/s PCI-Express 2.0 RAID Controller Card, Single

It seems appropriate, I only plan to have 1 SSD GT 240G, but this controller have 2 ports so someday I could get another one and put them in raid 0.

Will I get around 525 speed with one SSD, and around 950 speed with 2 SDD in raid 0 ???

Archived