Corsair Community

I get a BSOD once every 2 days up to twice a day

Delicieuxz

Force 3 GT 60GB... with the 1.3.3 firmware installed. I bought it Nov 7 and am starting to get frustrated with it. Should I contact Corsair and get a replacement?

I've tried to capture the BSOD code(s), but the machine resets too quickly before I can grab my phone to take a picture of it.

I'm in ACHI mode, connected to P0 on Intel S3 controller, hotplug disabled, latest bios, power options in bios set to normal, Intel RST 10.8 installed, don't know about the rest.

I forgot to mention that when I restart after getting a BSOD my Corsair SSD doesn't show up in the bios and booting hangs on the bios screen. In order to get it booting into Windows again I have to unplug the Sata3 cable and replug it in.

http://i42.tinypic.com/so93ys.jpg

give us more info about your config:

- connected to intel sata-3 controller?

- sata-controller in ahci-mode?

- hotplug enabled?

- latest bios for your systemboard applied?

- secure erase done?

- power options to high performance?

- high quality sata-3 cable applied?

- intel rst drivers 10.8 applied?

cheers,

Jerome.

What is the error code of the BSOD?

- SSD connected to very first Intel SATA3 port (gray, SATA3_0)? The second Intel SATA3 port should be blank.

- BIOS updated to the most recent version?

- If you are using Intel RST, have you applied the LPM reg fix?

- "Shut down hard drive after" should be set to "Never" in Windows Energy Options

Edit: too slow, jeroompje was faster!

I've tried to capture the BSOD code(s), but the machine resets too quickly before I can grab my phone to take a picture of it.

I'm in ACHI mode, connected to P0 on Intel S3 controller, hotplug disabled, latest bios, power options in bios set to normal, Intel RST 10.8 installed, don't know about the rest.

I forgot to mention that when I restart after getting a BSOD my Corsair SSD doesn't show up in the bios and booting hangs on the bios screen. In order to get it booting into Windows again I have to unplug the Sata3 cable and replug it in.

http://i42.tinypic.com/so93ys.jpg

check my advise above please..

Are you saying I should have my power option in bios set to high performance?

Have you upgraded the Force GT to 1.3.3 or was is upgraded when you got it?

Anyway, you are using Intel RST, so you should apply LPM reg fix (attached). You need to disable LPM only for the port your SSD is connected to.

I updated the firmware to 1.3.3. I'll apply the LPM reg fix.

I updated the firmware to 1.3.3. I'll apply the LPM reg fix.

Try the LPM reg fix. If this won't help you, it is strongly recommended to do the following:

- SecureErase with PartedMagic

- Reset your BIOS

- Do a clean Windows installation

- After Intel RST installation, apply LPM reg fix

This will solve the issue. You can make a backup and restore it after SecureErase, but as reported by other users, there is a small chance that your issue will get restored as well.

Archived