Corsair H80

Geeros

I know some think that these hydro do not work but when they do they rock

2x 5400 scythe on the radiator

4x on the side vent these are the results read and weep lol CPU at 38.5mhz

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/geeros/2011-12-18153145.jpg

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z371/geeros/2011-12-18095418.jpg

15oc well done hs80,

Yes, nice temperatures, but AMD users know that some of their CPUs show extra low temperatures (15C = 59F) which are not quite right. With two GT's (I assume) at 5400 RPM on the radiator, you can achieve sub-ambient temps at idle during the cool seasons. You sure have a wind tunnel there... :bigeyes:

Your CPU at 38.5MHz? Talk about under-clocking! I know, 3.85GHz... I hope!

Try and get an intel mate, to run at AMD temps 15oc

What Parsec was trying to say is that your AMD is not running at 15c.

Your thermal sensors have to be off. Even the best water cooling systems cant bring the temps down much below ambient room temperature.A couple of degrees maybe.

IF those sensors are correct then you must have your PC in the fridge!:p:

Try and get an intel mate, to run at AMD temps 15oc

What's that? I don't need to try, here you go:

picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=884

picture.php?albumid=137&pictureid=885

Alas, we must wait until my pics are approved.

You are right Peanutz, I can't recall whom in this forum mentions that from time to time, about his AMD system showing ultra-low CPU temps.

These are from the PC in my specs. The top is from the "Thermal Radar" software that comes with my board. The second pic is of the HWiNFO program that is free, I happen to like it.

I had no idea I was "talking rollocks". Can someone translate that for me? :confused:

Your specs say you have an AMD processor.

I have an ASUS P9X79 MB and an Intel i7 3930K processor running at 4.2 ghz with the H80 that is running fine as far as I can see and I have 4 fans blowing out ( 2 in front 2 in back counting power supply fan ) as well as the H80 fans pulling air in and across the cpu and can't get below 35c idling.

• 5 months later...
yes i runs games at 3.8 as they seem to handle it better running games 4.5 is to fast for em.

I have had many AMD systems in the past, and frankly have had no significant complaints. However, the above statement makes no sense at all????? How can it possibly be "too fast"???

OT Parsec, but to answer that question for you LOL. Rollocks = B****cks!!

Hopefully you can fill in the blanks ;oP??

• Corsair Employees
Could any of you guys tell me please which connector on an asus p9x79 did you connect the 3-pin pump connector from the H80 to? And EXACTLY HOW did you connect it?

You should connect it to the fan header that says "CPU_fan"

I'm not sure who says they don't cool well. In fact everything I've read said they were great compact coolers.

My own personal experience backs this up. Apart from the defective fan controllers in the latest ones the pump and radiator work fantastically. After I hooked up the fans to the fan controller in my 600T I see temps around 85-90F (29.4-32.2C) at idle where I was previously getting 110-119F (43.3-48.3C) and during heavy loads like rendering motion graphics in After Effects I'd see equally impressive reductions in average temperatures.

Granted I wish the fan controller worked but the bulk of the unit is outstanding and is only let down by the defective fan controller.

Archived