Corsair Community

Paying shipping

Czak

Hi,

My Corsair TX750M is making high pitched noise and i wanted to RMA it.

Then i realised that following Corsair's instructions i would have to pay for the shipping.

You may be required to pay shipping and handling charges, as well as any applicable tariffs, duties, taxes, or other fees. Corsair may, at its discretion, provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned to Corsair.

http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty/

I paid 99$ CAD for my TX750M less than 2 months ago.

Is there a reason why i should have to pay 30-40$ to ship my item to California and then have to pay taxes and UPS fees/brokerage fees and other fees that will be around 40-60$ ?

Can someone please explain me why Corsair's RMA procedure will set me back to the same price as my PSU ?

All companies i usually do buisness with are sending prepaid boxes or let me ship items through their Fedex/UPS account

Sent an email concerning this issue but never received an answer.

AFAIK most of those extra fees are waived for RMA scenarios. You can certainly try RMAing it through your retailer.

It clearly states it in the warranty contract that i may be subject to pay these fees. Subject closed on this. Unless i receive something official that state otherwise.

Also even if there is no fees, paying 40$ of shipping for a 99$ PSU that is less than 2 months old does not make any sens.

Why would i have to assume this ?

Only thing i did i buy a Corsair product which was suppose to work correctly.

Only thing i see here is Corsair not taking their responsibility.

PS: I did receive my 600T side window and this one was in good condition.

I made my most recent system out of corsair's products. Future will tell me if it was a good idea....

• Corsair Employees
I am sorry but I would suggest calling our customer service by phone and try to work this out with them directly. We would not have access to the system needed to help you with this in Tech support, sorry! The number is listed under contact on the Main Site.

• 1 month later...

Same thing for me with my SP2200 (left speaker make crackling sound)...i'm in Canada and shipping the whole set to CA will cost me 45CAD + Duties + anything else I can't think of now.

For that price I can have a new set of speakers...

It's pretty sad. I'm still under warranty and I have to pay near the price I paid for the speakers to ship them to Corsair.

I'm seriously disappointed.

• Corsair Employees

NO One has told you that you have send the speakers back if you did not submit an RMA request?? Did you submit a request and if so what was your case number?

Now that being said some of the RMA forms are automated and may suggest sending the failing part back but I would suggest you contact our customer service by phone before sending anything back.

With this issue we will normally send the parts to fix this with out sending the whole set of speakers back

Archived