F60 lose its performance

technolog

Hi,

Im running on w7 sp1 Ultimate 64 bit,

i did a test after fresh install everything was fine,

here is my old result from atto: after_fresh_inst.JPG 11 months ago

and today i realized windows performance index showing 5.9 for my corsair,

it was 7.4 before, so i run a new atto test: performance_now.JPG

i dunno whats going on, and I DID NOT RESTORE my drive from image.

You can see hdd perf was 740 before and now 590, you can search "Wrote disk score to the registry" in log file to see difference

so i add my winsat log too: winsat.zip

pls help :confused:

after_fresh_inst.JPG.a4c21b508ef9540c0604f012c33fbf02.JPG

performance_now.JPG.80b3d87a781cca7159bea17f2700ca3c.JPG

winsat.zip

- I guess you have verified that TRIM is enabled?

- Are you using Intel RST as SATA driver?

- BIOS is up to date?

The only way (that I know) to restore performance would be a SecureErase with PartedMagic and a clean re-installation of Windows 7.

-Trim Enabled

-i dont use intel rst, is it necessary?

-no its not updated, i will update latest and post but i think its not related cos it was working fine with this bios version

secureErase is a time consuming thing, i want to try this when i out of options

thx for answer btw

-i dont use intel rst, is it necessary?

Not necessary, but recommended.

-no its not updated, i will update latest and post but i think its not related cos it was working fine with this bios version

Yes, you should try this. They improved system stability three times in a row, don't know what they fixed exactly. I'll try to explain the reason for upgrading your BIOS (english is not my mother tongue!): if the new BIOS fixes only one thing, there is a big chance that other things, that are dependent from this one thing, will improve as well.

Not necessary, but recommended.

Yes, you should try this. They improved system stability three times in a row, don't know what they fixed exactly. I'll try to explain the reason for upgrading your BIOS (english is not my mother tongue!): if the new BIOS fixes only one thing, there is a big chance that other things, that are dependent from this one thing, will improve as well.

updated bios, installed intel rst

rst even doesnt show my corsair, just spin motor hdds

here are the results, same:(

474368338_afterbiosrst.JPG.db23efc52689e4c38db97856e3ed32a2.JPG

rst even doesnt show my corsair, just spin motor hdds

To which port is your SSD connected, Marvell (navy blue) or Intel (gray or light blue) controller? If RST doesn't show your SSD, I guess it is connected to Marvell controller port. You can check this with AS SSD (don't perform benchmark, just post a screenshot), but make sure to double check by looking at your mainboard.

To which port is your SSD connected, Marvell (navy blue) or Intel (gray) controller? If RST doesn't show your SSD, I guess it is connected to Marvell controller port. You can check this with AS SSD (don't perform benchmark, just post a screenshot), but make sure to double check by looking at your mainboard.

im going to open and check my case...

sshot attached

924468976_as-ssd-benchCorsairCSSD-F6018_12.201117-16-59.png.4c9f53759873d4e4f632b2e1562c7986.png

Well, since this is a SATA2 device (F60), you can connect it to the light blue Intel port as well. Edited my post.

thx man u solve it, you are a lifesaver.

Strange thing is i put my ssd on a sata3 port cos i thought it will have bigger bandwith and backwards comp to sata 2 device.

my mobo has 1 sata3 port(navy blue), 4 sata2 port(light blue), 2 sata 1 (grey) port,

changing sata 3 port to sata 2 port solve my problems, win7 loading faster.

i take a pic of my fault, showing sata 3 cable is going to my ssd: fail.jpg

my atto test with on blue sata 2 port: onlightblueport.JPG :D:

fail.thumb.JPG.91d455952f46411a7cf01a5474772558.JPG

onlightblueport.JPG.136102168e604c89612822beb449f0cf.JPG

thx man u solve it, you are a lifesaver.

No problem, glad I could help you!

That navy blue port is Marvell controller, they are not recommended for Force Series drives. If you are going to upgrade to SATA3 device (e.g. Force Series 3) in the future, make sure to connect this to the gray Intel SATA3 port.

Have fun!

Archived