Corsair Community

2nd H80 pump speed?

nam.uk

my first unit was swapped due to the pump became noisy after two weeks and tried all the info on here to sort it, anyway the first unit ran around 2000rpm give or take fluctuation, i installed this second H80 and the pump Rpm is showing 1896rpm and fluctuation upto 1957rpm is this right? or should i be seeing 2000Rpm like on the first h80?

one other thing is on the first h80 i could not tell the difference in speed settings from 2nd light to the 3rd light, but i can on the 2nd h80 and the fans do seem to run faster on the 3rd light on this H80 but not much.

batch number is 11379482.

Well, that pump speed might be a bit low, give it some time to break in and see what happens. Check the connection of the pump to your PS, re-connect it and make sure all the pins are in all the way.

The fan speeds won't change that much between each setting when the PC is at idle, so I'd say your experience is normal. Have you seen the graph on the fan speeds at different settings, scroll down about 3/4 way in this page:

http://www.corsair.com/blog/installing-the-hydro-series-h100-extreme-performance-cpu-cooler-in-the-obsidian-800d/

The fans and fan speeds are the same for a H80.

BTW, is that pic of you, or someone named Ron...

i will check the plug is all the way in but i am sure it is and it is the same molex as the last H80,

no what i am saying the first h80 ran quieter and the difference between the profile lights 2 and 3 there was hardly any change in fan speed But i was using a different paste because the first paste was off centre, i used Mx4. i was running profile 3 on this all the time.

the second one (this) from profile lights 2 to 3 there is a notable difference in fan speed (that extra 200rpm) imop this what the first one should of run at looking at the corsair fan profile link also the fans idle faster but this is the supplied paste that comes on the H80,i am also idling 2c lower, thats on profile 2.

also when i ran Prime on the first H80 the fans never ramped up but did in gameing:confused: when i run prime on the second h80 the fans kick in after around 2 minutes, do you no what i mean mate?

both units are using the supplied fans and i am running the same overclock, thing is the supplied paste is very thin even if putting a small blob of new paste just seems tobe thicker, surely the paste would not make such an impact on the fan speeds due to thickness?

pump running at 1896-1957rpm now (not checked molex yet though)

Yes Jeremy :laughing:

also the pipes do they always fell and look "wet look" both units felt like this, i take it that's the nature of the materials?

• Corsair Employees

The fans will only react to the liquid's temperature. In an enclosed water loop like our coolers so at some point the the liquid temp will be constant and if the sensor detects it the fan will slightly rev up depending on the profile that you select.

though it is kind of relative when you slow down the pump means heat being dissipated is slower but at this rate, I don't think its going to affect the temp that much due to the loop is too short.

The fans will only react to the liquid's temperature. In an enclosed water loop like our coolers so at some point the the liquid temp will be constant and if the sensor detects it the fan will slightly rev up depending on the profile that you select.

though it is kind of relative when you slow down the pump means heat being dissipated is slower but at this rate, I don't think its going to affect the temp that much due to the loop is too short.

my first one was not as keen on the fans but i was using a different paste (MX4) unless it was faulty on that side of things, I only swapped it due to developing a pump noise fault.

I will see how this unit goes though.

right i have defaulted the 980x to standard clock and volts and getting the same temps as the 4.0ghz clock:confused: and the fans after stress do not ramp down on both clocks they do but it takes ages and i have to enable the 3rd profile, i even re-seated the it.

on default with the first h80 i was getting mid 20s temps, no way theses fans should be running this high on the second profile on default clock even the rest of the system is cool.

there must be an issue with the thermal diode or the slow pump or both. :(:

right just installed the 3rd one how:sigh!: , pump speed 1950min-2090max rpm averaging around the 2015rpm,

i run Prime and the fans ramp up but not as fast as the second unit (i am on profile 2) and slow down after a few mins, system not tested under full loud yet,

hopefully this unit will be ok (cross fingers) getting a bit demoralised here :(:

Archived