Corsair Community

Inconsistent Customer Service not sure what to expect

Raven0215

Well I recently Purchased a Carbide Series 500R case in white right before thanksgiving due to a very good deal from a retailer that involved a rebate from Corsair. I received the case on the 27th of November. Upon opening the package one of the feet of the case was shattered and the front removable part of the case was broken.

The documentation provided with the case said if I had any problems with the case to contact corsair directly. So on the 27th I sent an e-mail to the address provided on that card. I have not received a response to that original e-mail.

After waiting until December 1st for a response from my original e-mail I went onto the corsair website and filled out another request using the on-line app. The response time was suppose to be 24-48 hours. I Finally received a reponse on December 12th stating I should contact the store where I purchased the case from. Case #2442537

In the mean time I had contacted Corsair customer service by telephone on December 5th Due to it being several days after the December 1st information I sent in on the website. I spoke with someone in customer service and told them the state I received the case in and I didn't want to go through the hassel of shipping the entire case back and I would prefer a few replacement parts were sent to me since they could be easily replaced. This was eventually approved under case #2451722. I was suppose to receive an additional RMA approval in 24-48 hours which I have not received yet so hopefully this is still being handled but I don't know how much faith I have at this point.

Part of the issue I have with the slow customer service response time, especially in regards to being told to send the case back was that the rebate had to be sent in within 21 days of purchase. If I would have waited until the 12th to contact the retailer to return the case and get a new one by the time I received the case it would be past the rebate qualifying date. Also to make matters worse the retailer in question would not receive products back if the UPC code was missing from the box. So since I had already sent the rebate in by the time I got the answer in on the 12th I wouldn't have been able to return the case anyways.(note:the 12th would have been the 20th day since I purchased the case)

The second issue I have is the parts broken were minor the motherboard side front foot and one of the plastic holders that secures the front removable portion to the front of the case. It would have been much easier to just have replacement parts sent to me instead of having to go through the hassle of boxing up the case sending it back then waiting for the replacement to come not to mention the return shipping I would have possibly been out and the extended time this would take.

• Corsair Employees

I am sorry about that but I see where we suggested making a claim back to the reseller on the 12th. And you first report to us was on the 1st so that is 12 days since your first report to us, we are not open on weekends so only week days can count.

I have however sent a request to Customer service supervisor to look into your case request and contact you ASAP. But it would be best to speak with our customer service by phone they do not monitor the forums.

I never did receive an update from customer service. I also used the existing case and asked for a status update 3 days ago but haven't heard anything. I guess I will have to give them a call next week and see what is up having to call and get put on hold to get anything accomplished does feel like a waste of time though. I feel like the red slip provided with the case telling me to contact corsair with any issues before contacting the retailer was bad advice from the start. Also the red slip in question gave an e-mail address to contact, I think I read somewhere on the forums or saw commented that you are not accepting e-mail messages anymore due to viruses etc. This is understandable but if that is the case then maybe your forms should be updated.

Just an FYI from the top of the forum"

Corsair Tech Support and Customer Service 2011-2012 Holiday Scheduling Notice.

Corsair Tech Support will be providing normal tech support during business hours (8:30am – 5:30pm PST) Monday through Friday via telephone, TSX Express, and the forum during this holiday season with the following exceptions. On Dec 23, Dec 26, and Dec 30, we will not be providing telephone technical support. We will be providing support via TSX Express and the forum.

Corsair Customer Service will be closed from Dec 23 till Dec 30. We will resume normal operations on January 2, 2012.

Season’s Greetings from Corsair!

Just spoke with Kevin in Customer service today. He was very helpful. After giving him all my case information he seemed to remember reviewing this previously. They were waiting to receive the replacement parts from the supplier(which was understandable) and just received them and he was going to make sure that they would be sent out today.

With the holidays etc this time of year I can completely understand the delays in receiving the parts. Assuming I receive the parts I was overall very satisfied with my customer service experience. I would definatly recommend to contact corsair customer service by phone and this seemed to be the quickest way to get things handled.

Due to my experience with your customer service department I will definatly be planning on purchasing further parts from corsair in the future including memory a power supply and solid state drives. I also purchased an H100 cooler that I have been very happy with and will be interested in the link controler for it once this gets released.

Archived