Corsair Community

First time ssd user.

autotech

Please look at my specs and i just today bought a Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F90GB3-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) from newegg.

As a first time SSD user i have alot to learn and have been reading for the last 6 months off and on what to do. What good advice do you have for me so that i get good performance and long life from my new toy. So you know next week when i install it i will come back to this thread and follow what advice you give. I am using a platter hard drive 500 gig to put what programs i can on it and i know to enable trim but i think windows 7 does it when you install it.

But i know there is alot more to it. Thank anyone who takes the time to answer and i will respectfully listen to what you say.

I also know to install after setting bios to AHCI mode not sata or ide. What other tweaks are needed and how to check firmware and if it is needed to update the firmware how to do it. I know i am asking alot, Made this thread a couple days ago and no replies yet but i am watchful that someone that knows what to do drops in.

Hi, there isn't much to take care of:

- make sure to set SATA controller to AHCI

- connect your SSD to the very first SATA3 port

- install Windows 7, no need to format the drive, Windows will handle this during installation, TRIM is enabled by default

- you can check drive's FW with CrystalDiskInfo

- if you need to upgrade FW, you can run the upgrade tool off of your Windows 7 installation. You will find the FW on the left of the screen. The update package contains a detailed guide.

Check here to find Windows 7 Tips & Tweaks

Archived