Corsair Community

HS1A Microphone Problem

krouchchocolate

The microphone on my headset acts weird sometimes. Sometimes when i am on ventrilo or talking in game, the mic has a lot of interference(static noise). For some reason it does not always do this. Sometimes the mic works fine, then another day this problem occurs. Get's pretty annoying when people can't understand what I am saying in the game.

Is anyone else having this problem? I am running windows 7 64 bit os.

• Corsair Employees
Next time that happens please unplug the MIC on the MB and plug it back in to see if its just a connection issue. If so I would use some contact cleaner with the system off and clean the plug and audio in plug on the MB. Also can you try another MIC to be sure it is not an audio problem with the MB or Sound card?

Next time that happens please unplug the MIC on the MB and plug it back in to see if its just a connection issue. If so I would use some contact cleaner with the system off and clean the plug and audio in plug on the MB. Also can you try another MIC to be sure it is not an audio problem with the MB or Sound card?

Oh i have the usb connection one. I tried my other headphones and they work fine.

Archived