Corsair Community

Carbide Series 400R + Hydro Series H100 tight fit on memory!

VermillionZ

SO I finally got my H100 today and installed it.. well with my Corsair CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 + the memory cooling fan there is no way to install the H100 without removing the memory cooling fans..

You can also forget about doing a pull/push quad fan on the H100 cooling radiator. It will not fit the memory would be in the way. I had to install the fan on the top outside of the case pushing air in. No other way to fit the second fan on the cooling radiator with that memory and motherboard.

This could have been solved though if Corsair had raised the top plate of the case another half an inch. The top of the case plate doesn't pit in enough.

All in all though the Carbide Series 400R is a damn nice case for $99.

I have plenty of room everywhere else in the case.

Asus M4N98TD EVO

BFG Tech GTX 295

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz

Corsair CMD8GX3M4A1333C7 DDR3-1333 8GB Kit (4 x 2GB)

Corsair Carbide Series 400R Case

Corsair Hydro Series H100

I should also point out, I have the Corsair AX1200 PSU install in this bad boy case.

Because of how long it is you can't put a fan at the bottom of the case.

Yes I'm a Corsair product ***** it seems but this case wasn't made well for their other products.. but still a nice air cooled case for $99

Once I have the money saved up I'll buy myself The Obsidian Series 800D. That should have plenty of room. Put my 400R to use on an older system I can just air cool.

Archived