Corsair Community

Flash Voyager 32 GB USB 3.0 Read issues

CHadwick24

Hello,

I had recently sent my old 32GB USB 2.0 drive in as an RMA under Case #2356154.

The drive that I received in exchange was a 32GB USB 3.0 Flash Voyager. This is not a problem. The problem is that the drive will lock up when "Reading" data off of the drive.

I have tried the drive in my Home PCs and at work. I can copy data to the drive all I want without issue. But, When I try to copy data off the drive it will suddenly stop and the blue led on the drive will continue blinking.

If I cancel the data transfer the light will still continue to blink but the drive will become inaccessible. I must then remove the dive and reinsert it, this will allow me to use the drive again so long as I don't start copying data off the drive.

Sometimes I can copy small amounts of data without it locking up. But other times it will lock on a 10MB file.

I have reformatted the drive using the SDreformat utility but that dd not help this situation.

Because this is a replacement drive can I RMA this? Or is there firmware for this? It is not a GT drive and I only see firmware for the GT drives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Corsair Employees
There is no new firmware for this drive, but please check with the MB maker for the system you have and make sure that you have the latest MB BIOS and or driver installed. If not then please contact our customer service with your previous RMA# and they will take care of you.

Archived