Corsair Community

Ideal static pressure for Push config - H100 ??

csemoses

Can corasir please comment on the minimum static pressure without losing performance for the Push fans in a Push/Pull config please?

I've got the stock corsair H100 fans as Push (facing down @ top of 800d, pulling air down into case), and 2 x Noctua NF-P12 as Pull fans.

Adding the Noctua made a noticable temps difference.

However, i'd like make the Push fans in this config quieter. Even using the Quiet H100 fan profile, the spun-down H100 stock fans arent so quiet comparitively.

Don't get me wrong, this setup is actually very quiet. I just don't want to hear it at all :)

Surely, in the R&D phase of this products developement, the testers tried different minimum static pressure level fans? (corsair branded or not...)

Anyhow, maybe that data isnt publicly available. It's all good :)

I saw the spec of the corsair fans, and was comparing to say... a Noctua NF-F12 which is 2.61mm @ 54.7cfm @ 22.4db. Just wondering if that would be as good as (or better), using 100% fan speed, than the corsair stock fans on the 'quiet' fan profile. I'm led to understand that static pressure is very important when cooling radiators. Looks like this would be an approximate 60% boost in static pressure over the H100 fans.

On a related note, RAM GUY, is corsair going to offer an option in the firmware to simply have something like option 1 = 5v, option 2 = 7v, and option 3 = 12v?

For example... i've got two noctua NF-P12 in Pull config right now, with the stock corsair's in Push. The corsair's are on the H100 controller, and it is on the quiet setting.

If i put the noctua fans on the other two spots on the H100 block, if i'm not mistaken, they would spin way down, as the quiet setting is undervolting all 4 slots. Even with the performance profile, they still will not spin at the ideal (100%) rate.

So i've got them on the motherboards PWR_FAN header (with a Y cable) so they spin at max RPM (ideal). When i replace the corsair stock fans, i'd love to be able to have them all plugged into the corsair, and utilize said fan controller :)

Whew!

Hi,

I'm using two 140mm Prolimatech fans in my 500R (face down on top of the radiator, pulling air inside the case), they have a comparatively low static pressure of 0.87 mmH20 @1.000 rpm (87 CFM; 18dB). I did several tests to compare cooling performance between Prolimatech and Corsair stock fans. Without OC or moderate OC (4.0 GHz) I get the best results with Prolimatech fans (4°C difference to stock fans). When OC'ing to 4.8 GHz, the stock fans show a slightly better cooling performance (@Performance Profile; 1-2°C difference to Prolimatech).

From what I read, static pressure is known to be vital for efficient radiator cooling, but from my findings, there is no huge difference and airflow volume seems to be more important. Although you are not able to mount 140mm fans to 800D, this might be helpful for you.

Btw: It would be nice if you could add your system specs in User CP!

I saw the spec of the corsair fans, and was comparing to say... a Noctua NF-F12 which is 2.61mm @ 54.7cfm @ 22.4db. Just wondering if that would be as good as (or better), using 100% fan speed, than the corsair stock fans on the 'quiet' fan profile. I'm led to understand that static pressure is very important when cooling radiators. Looks like this would be an approximate 60% boost in static pressure over the H100 fans...

How do you figure a ~60% increase in static pressure over the Corsair fan, when it is rated 1.6 - 7.7mm/H2O static pressure? Is that with the Corsair at it's lowest speed/pressure, and the other at full speed? IMO, not an equivalent comparison.

I'm led to understand that static pressure is very important when cooling radiators.

To a point! You will reach a point where it doesn't matter how much air you try to force through the radiator, it will only allow so much through. So a fan with both a good static pressure with high CFM's is what you should be looking for. A good balance.

Archived