Corsair Community

F120GB2 lost all data

gf68600

Hi,

as i don´t get answers in german support forum, i´m trying this (please excuse second posting - this time in english).

My F120 (firmware 2.0) has been in use as system disk in a Dell D830 laptop under Win 7 professional. Working fine for many months, just a little bit full (about 10-20 gb of free space).

Now i experienced a total loss of data:

- laptop is docked (Dell D-Dock)

- laptop goes to suspend (in the evening)

- laptop wakes up (next morning): no boot sector, no data on my ssd

Need help!

Is there even a faint chance to recover lost data (ssd seems to contain zeros in each sector)?

How to reuse is? Just flash latest firmware, secure erase and new install?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cordially Guenter

• 2 weeks later...

Over the time ssd performance suffer an alteration. If the ssd is almost full (over 70-80% of capacity) write speed decrease and ssd SF1200 controller technology Duraclass put the ssd in recovery mode for an unknown period of time. All the parameters of the ssd changes (all timmings) and old Bios-es cannot cope whit it; Your laptop has chipset Intel® 965GM which is known with some incompatibility problems with Sandforce controllers.

The pair ssd-computer sistems works well on a very narrow range of parameters. When it arise a small change all the sistem is break down.

The solutions: secure erase, bios update (if it exists).

Is there even a faint chance to recover lost data (ssd seems to contain zeros in each sector)?

How to reuse is? Just flash latest firmware, secure erase and new install?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Cordially Guenter

Did you update F120GB2 to 2.4 firmware? I know updating firmware didn't erase all data.

Over the time ssd performance suffer an alteration. If the ssd is almost full (over 70-80% of capacity) write speed decrease and ssd SF1200 controller technology Duraclass put the ssd in recovery mode for an unknown period of time. All the parameters of the ssd changes (all timmings) and old Bios-es cannot cope whit it; Your laptop has chipset Intel® 965GM which is known with some incompatibility problems with Sandforce controllers.

The pair ssd-computer sistems works well on a very narrow range of parameters. When it arise a small change all the sistem is break down.

The solutions: secure erase, bios update (if it exists).

Where are you getting that info?

Where are you getting that info?

Keep in mind this is all about SF1200:

a) 'Understanding SF1200 drives, TRIM, OP area use and Life write throttle' (You should google it) and lots of documentation readings;

+

b) My experience with almost full (80%-90% of capacity) ssd-s SF1200 which crashed on old mobo's after it reach 80%-90& of capacity.

Archived