Corsair Community

VS4GSDSKIT667D2 = VS2GSDS667D2 x 2?

billsquatty

Can someone tell me what the difference is between the VS4GSDSKIT667D2 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) and VS2GSDS667D2 (2GB) memory modules?

I have an HP Pavillion DV6646us laptop (32 bit running Windows Vista). I bought the two VS2GSDS667D2 (2GB) memory modules and installed it on my laptop.

http://www.corsair.com/learn_n_explore says that my computer is compatible with it, but I keep getting the blue screen of death when I install the memory.

Do I need to buy the VS4GSDSKIT667D2 4GB Kit (2 x 2GB) instead? I can't return the one I just bought, so that kinda stinks if I have to :(: Can someone tell me what the difference is or why two VS2GSDS667D2 (2GB) aren't working or if I can get it to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

• Corsair Employees

Yes if there is a Kit part available you should always purchase the kit the kits are tested together as a set where as single modules are tested one up.

I would go to the BIOS setup and load setup defaults and see if that will solve the problem, if not see if the reseller will let you send them back and get the Kit instead.

Archived