Corsair Community

Corsair CMPSU-850AXEU noise (video inside)

Qcio

Hello, today I bought a PSU Corsair CMPSU-850AXEU. Here's the noise that it's giving off - I noticed it queits down a little when I'm playing a game.

(starts around 0:13)

I might add that it doesn't bother me noise-wise, I can handle it.

Question is - should I be worried? Something might be damaged? I'm not sure if I should RMA it or it's just the way these PSU's are.

/shameless bump

I would really love to know if I should be worried, if it can die any second on me. Please, can anyone take a look at vid in my first post and say what they think? Is this noise harmless?

Things I also noticed, if I'm browsing internet and I close one tab - buzzing/noise stops this very moment i click on 'x' to close the tab, then it resumes

Just to be sure, you're talking about that buzzing that starts at 0:13 right? At 0:25 you can hear it louder and more clearer.

But is this normal that PSU stops buzzing for that very second I click 'end tab' in internet browser? Then it continues to buzz.

Asked some people and told me that I should RMA it, but if won't affect performance of the PSU then I won't bother with doing it.

Once again, thank you very much.

I'd like to ask another question here regarding my PSU, don't want to make a new thread.

When turning PC on and off, I can hear a loud click. Opened up my case and turned my PC on, the moment I turn my PC on, PSU fan spins for a second and then stops, (just to make sure, 850AX works that way that it starts spinning when it gets hot, it doesn't spin right from the start, right?) could this be a cause for this click?

Ok, but what about these loud clicks when turning PC on and off? Is it normal for PSU fan to move for a second when turning PC on? (I think it is the cause of the click? no idea what would cause it when turning PC off though)

Archived