Corsair Community

SP2500 Mixed Feelings...

Venom1956

I just recently bought the SP2500's after reading how they were the "BEST" sounding speakers. I got them to replace/upgrade from my Logitech Z623's that just died on me.

My sound is onboard RealTek HD audio, I've noticed that the bass from the Corsair seems weak. I have it 3 levels from the red line and my PC audio turned down to 50% this seems to help but I can't help but think how easily my Logitech system produced bass for movies and music. This problem becomes even more apparent when my Xbox360 audio is running through it. Which sounds terrible when playing BF3 in comparison to the logitechs. (I am speaking about just the low levels, Corsairs blow the Z623s away in the mid and uppers... tank exhaust, explosions etc.)

After just 6 days and paying 200+ dollars I am not sure if I really want to pay to RMA them back and try a new set. I was shocked that you needed to pay the shipping... I've always received prepaid UPS labels. Especially if the new system preforms just like this one. :(: Any suggestions are welcome.

Your issue is onboard Audio!

If you want really good sound get the Asus card or the Sound Blaster HD Ti run and get some good RCA Monster cable from the card to the Sub.

Trust me it will be like night and day!

You can't use these speakers with bad on-board audio. ;):

How old are your Logitech's? Their website shows they carry a 2 year warranty so maybe you can get them replaced. I own the Corsair SP2500 and they are now sitting in a box. The sound quality is just not there and yes 2 of my desktops have sounds cards in them, it makes zero difference and the SP2500 just don't have the output or sound quality.

My choice for computer speakers is Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's they have been in production for over 10 years now and I currently use them in all 4 of my desktop systems.

Indeed my Logitechs are under the 2 year warranty but due to the black friday sale price 99.99 all Z623s are out of stock. So it would take 4 weeks for my return to be processed, another 6 weeks AFTER the Z623s return in stock, which they didn't know when that would be either... :mad: I tried upgrading to the Z906s but that would take roughly 12 weeks. I understand these things take time but for me 10 weeks with no speakers isn't ok. So I returned the RMA'd the logitechs for a refund and purchased the SP2500s after reading how superior they were.

Thanks for the info about the sound cards. I've read about that elsewhere as well. Could someone give me some newegg links perhaps? I think I have a PCI 32bit available on my mobo and if I have to I could possibly remove me USB 3.0 card thats in my PCI Express 1x (256bit) slot

I really want to feel when a tank cuts a round loose or roars by. Next problem, what about my Xbox 360? I can't really swap a new card into that... With these new cards can I run my 360 thru my PC to gain the audio improvement? That sounds like a pain, having my PC running just to play xbox.

• 4 years later...
I just recently bought the SP2500's after reading how they were the "BEST" sounding speakers. I got them to replace/upgrade from my Logitech Z623's that just died on me.

My sound is onboard RealTek HD audio, I've noticed that the bass from the Corsair seems weak. I have it 3 levels from the red line and my PC audio turned down to 50% this seems to help but I can't help but think how easily my Logitech system produced bass for movies and music. This problem becomes even more apparent when my Xbox360 audio is running through it. Which sounds terrible when playing BF3 in comparison to the logitechs. (I am speaking about just the low levels, Corsairs blow the Z623s away in the mid and uppers... tank exhaust, explosions etc.)

After just 6 days and paying 200+ dollars I am not sure if I really want to pay to RMA them back and try a new set. I was shocked that you needed to pay the shipping... I've always received prepaid UPS labels. Especially if the new system preforms just like this one. :(: Any suggestions are welcome.

I know I am doing a necro on this thread but I feel it is important. I currently run this speaker set through my MSI gaming mother board (it is great with sound blaster cinema) and I also run it through the audio headphone input on my Sony W800b when I am not playing PC games and playing Console games, also sounds great.

My issue now is the fact that this guy says it is horrible playing it through the Xbox 360. I was gonna buy a 27 inch gaming monitor for Multiplayer/MMO/3rd person shooter FPS games like Planetside 2 but I also wanted to try it with console.

This monitor has no headphone/audio input though so I can't hook up my Sp2500 to it, I would have to try it through the consoles.

I have Xbox One and PS4, if they sounded bad on Xbox 360 I am pretty sure they would still sound bad on Xbox One and PS4.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/philips-272g5dyeb/

Anyone have any suggestions? Now I have to look for another 1080p 27 inch monitor and it really annoys me, this phillips is the best one out there, has the best contrast ratio for a TN panel.

Archived